Fire Safety Program
EOS is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing fire safety initiatives and monitoring fire safety systems at Valdosta State University. Staff conduct regularly scheduled inspections of all buildings and coordinate fire drills and fire safety awareness training programs.
Training and Services Offered:
- Advice and consultation on fire code compliance and other fire safety issues
- Inspection of buildings to ensure compliance with safety standards set forth by National Fire Codes, Georgia Fire Safety Laws, and the Life Safety Code
- Inspection of fire extinguishers
- Training on fire safety; use of portable fire extinguishers; life safety in all occupancies including dormitories, homes, apartments, and laboratories
- Collaboration with Facilities Planning in improving early warning and fire detections systems, installation of immediate response containment systems (sprinklers), emergency vehicle access planning, and building plan review
- Fire Watch Requirements (PDF)
- Valdosta State University Fire Response Plan (PDF)
- Fire Pits on Campus
Annual Fire Safety ReportValdosta State University Higher Education Opportunity Act Report (PDF)
Fire Safety Links:Valdosta State University Department of University Police (VSUPD)
National Fire Administration – Campus Fire Safety
National Association of State Fire Marshals – Campus Fire Watch
National Fire Protection Association
State Fire Marshal’s Office (Office of the Commissioner of Insurance)
Environmental and Occupational Safety
1504 N. Oak St.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.293.6171
- Fax: 229.293.6172