If an employee has been overpaid, contact Payroll Services as soon as possible. Often, an overpayment can be corrected by recalling the direct deposit or stopping the pay check, and then re-issuing a corrected pay transaction.

Payroll Services will work with the employee to make sure that the correction is made in a way that does not expose the employee to overdrawn bank accounts or other hardship.

If a pay check or direct deposit transaction cannot be reversed, Payroll Services will work with the Bursar's office to set up a receivable account that will need to be paid within 30 days by the employee. Payroll Services will inform the employee that such an account has been created as well as send documentation on payment options and methods.