Your pay statement includes information on the payroll deductions being withheld from your paycheck, as well as the benefits being paid by Valdosta State University.
- Items that are listed below the "Before Tax Deductions" heading are deductions that lower your taxable wages. They are calculated prior to specific tax calculations.
- Some pre-tax deductions affect federal and state income tax, Medicare, and Social Security taxes. Examples of these types of deductions are dental, vision, and medical insurance, FSA and HSA deductions, and parking.
- Other pre-tax deductions affect only federal and state income tax and are not exempt from Medicare and Social Security. These deductions are primarily the retirement deductions such as TRS and ORP.
- Items that are listed below the "After Tax Deductions" heading are deductions that do not affect taxable wages. They are calculated and deducted after your taxes are calculated and deducted.
- Examples of after-tax deductions are the Georgia Defined Contribution Plan (GDCP), Fitness Center, garnishments, and supplemental insurance premiums such as supplemental life, dependent life, and long-term disability insurance.
Other benefits and information:
- Benefits provided by Valdosta State University State University appear under the "Other Benefits and Information" heading. These benefits include the employer portion of retirement plans such as TRS and ORP, basic life premiums, and the employer share of medical premiums paid by VSU.
- You can also visit the Benefits website or contact them at (229) 333-5709 for more information on your specific benefit deductions or USG Shared Services Center at 1-844-587-4236.
- 1205 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5710
- Fax: 229.259.5020