Initial Receipt of Funds
Please use this list of items when accepting funds. Doing so will serve to make deposit transmittal to the University Cashiers both fast and accurate.
Verify cash for counterfeit using counterfeit pens.
- Coins wrapped by customers and presented to a department must be verified for accuracy by the department before depositing in the Bursary. Coins must be wrapped if in the following quantities:
- Pennies - $0.50
- Nickels - $2.00
- Dimes - $5.00
- Quarters - $10.00
Checks should be endorsed as soon as possible after they are received as follows: For Deposit Only in the Account of Valdosta State University – Name of Department.
- Review checks thoroughly and obtain the following:
- Payer Signature on the front
- Local or permanent address & phone number
- An identification number (Driver’s License or student ID).
- Money-Orders must have an identification number and endorsement.
- Departments must have a documented system to provide a dated, sequential record of the original entry of funds received. Any method used must provide a clear audit trail. Acceptable examples include Pre-numbered receipts or cash register receipts. (The Cashiers can assist you in choosing a method.)
Do Not Accept Counter, starter, credit-card checks or post-dated checks.
Do Not hold checks - Include in the daily deposit. Failure to do so may result in termination.
Do Not cash employee or student checks. The Bursary offers this service during normal business hours for a maximum amount of $50 per day.
Do Not Advance cash or receive an IOU.
- 1205 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5708
- Fax: 229.333.7408
M-TH 8am - 5:30pm and Friday 8am-3pm.