Fall 2020 Commencement
The countdown is on to Fall Commencement, and we are thrilled that it will be in person once again. Monday, December 14, 2020 is the big day, but there are some important changes graduates need to know about. Please see below for information about the multiple ceremonies, the location change, and important COVID safety protocols.
Watch the Commencement Live Stream HERE.
Commencement Weather Update
VSU is monitoring the weather ahead of Commencement ceremonies tomorrow.
As of right now, all ceremonies are still scheduled as planned.
Please keep an eye on your Valdosta.edu email account, VSU social media channels, and our website, Valdosta.edu.
If there is any shift in schedule, this is where we would post our updates.
Date: Monday, December 14, 2020
Location: Bazemore-Hyder Stadium
Time: There will be four graduation ceremonies this day
- 9:00am - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 12:30pm - College of the Arts and Langdale College of Business Administration
- 4:00pm - Dewar College of Education and Human Services, College of Science and Mathematics, and College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- 7:30pm - Graduate School
- Graduates need to arrive one hour before your scheduled ceremony. Due to sanitization process in between ceremonies, gates will only be open for 1 hour prior to each ceremony. Graduates will only be able to check-in within the hour before their own ceremony.
- Check-In is located at the Northeast gate on Williams Street (across from the American Legion parking lot).
- This gate is for graduates only. No guests will be allowed in this gate.
- Have your Grad Pass printed or pulled up on your phone for Check-In.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will not be a line-up or processional into the stadium. Once graduates check-in they will be directed on to the field to sit with college.
- All graduates must wear masks at all times while in stadium.
- Please see maps below for additional information.
- Guests will be allowed into stadium one hour prior to your graduate’s ceremony.
- Have your e-tickets printed or pulled up on your phone for entry into stadium.
- Guests of graduates with tickets in Sections A-G should enter the main gates at the southeast corner of Bazemore-Hyder Stadium on Williams Street.
- Guests of graduates with tickets in Sections H-N should enter the gates at the northeast corner of Bazemore-Hyder Stadium on Brookwood Drive.
- Guests should enter the stadium at staggered times as follows:
- Guests with tickets in Sections A-G with seats in row 20 or higher OR tickets in Sections H-N should enter the stadium one hour prior to the start of the ceremony
- Guests with tickets in Sections A-G with seats in row 19 or lower should enter the stadium 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Ushers will be available all over the stadium to assist in finding seats.
- All guests must wear masks at all times while in stadium.
- Guests will be held in their seats until all graduates have been dismissed off the field.
- No guests will be allowed on the field at any time for any reason.
- Guest will be directed to exit stadium through gates at the opposite end of the field than gates entered. Ushers will be available to direct guests to exits.
- Please see map below for additional information.
- Masks are required to be worn by graduates, guests, and all staff on hand.
- Tickets will be required for guests attending Commencement. Each graduate will receive 1 pod of 5 guest seat tickets. Pods of 5 seats will be marked throughout the stadium to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Fall Commencement will be live streamed so those unable to attend can also celebrate with the graduates.
*Four ceremonies are being held to ensure social distancing and the safety of all graduates, their families, and the entire VU campus community.
***Thorough cleaning and sanitizing will take place in between ceremonies.