Odum Library engages in ongoing assessment of our services and collection in order to ensure the delivery of high-quality information to Valdosta State University's faculty, staff, and students.
- Library Instruction Assessment
- Library Instruction (LI) Quiz
- Student Opinion of Library Instruction (SOLI) evaluation: This active tool has given the reference librarians feedback from more than 1,000 students during the 2013-14 academic year that we have been able to use to improve our teaching.
- Peer observations also help the reference librarians get feedback on their teaching and help identify areas for improvement.
- Reference Services Surveys
- Website Usability Study
- Fall 2007 & Spring 2010 Survey Comparison (.PDF)
- During the Spring 2014 semester we are conducting one-on-one usability testing with members of the VSU community.
- The User Satisfaction Survey (September 2013-March 2014, now closed) measured users' satisfaction with customer service points in the library (including Reference, Circulation, Archives, and Media Services). We are working on analyzing the nearly 300 responses our users submitted.
Information on these and other assessment studies can be found by contacting Dr. Alan Bernstein, University Librarian.
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun 12 pm - 2 am * Mon-Thu 8 am - 2 am * Fri 8 am - 9 pm Sat 12 pm - 8 pm