Odum Library Assessment
Odum Library engages in ongoing assessment of our services and collection in order to ensure the delivery of high-quality information to Valdosta State University's faculty, staff, and students.
Information Literacy Assessment
Understanding our information literacy efforts is critical to develop a robust curriculum that meets the information needs of VSU's curricula. We use the data in these assessments to ensure that we are delivering instruction that is relevant to student and faculty needs and to identify areas of focus for future efforts.
Information Literacy Assessment Data
- Student Opinion of Library Instruction (SOLI) evaluation Report 2019
- Student Opinion of Library Instruction (SOLI) evaluation Report 2018
- From 2016-2017, the SOLI assessment was not conducted as the Reference department retooled this assessment to better reflect The Association of College and Research Libraries' Framework for Information Literacy.
- Student Opinion of Library Instruction (SOLI) evaluation Report 2015
- Student Opinion of Library Instruction (SOLI) evaluation Report 2014
- Student Opinion of Library Instruction (SOLI) evaluation Report 2013
Building Usage Assessment
Understanding how the library is used is important for planning future library services. Since 2017, the library has been collecting regular walk through census data on how patrons are using the library through the open source Suma platform. These data have guided numerous improvements to library services, including the recent Learning Commons/Academic Support Center project in 2019.
- Suma - Building Usage Data
General Library Usage Assessment
Odum Library also assesses our collection usage and gate count. We compile these annual statistics to better understand how the library and its collections are being used.
- FY 18-19 Monthly Statistics
- FY 17-18 Monthly Statistics
- FY 16-17 Monthly Statistics
- FY 15-16 Monthly Statistics
- FY 14-15 Monthly Statistics
- FY 13-14 Monthly Statistics
- FY 12-13 Monthly Statistics
- FY 11-12 Monthly Statistics
User Satisfaction Assessment
Odum Library prides itself on exemplary service to our patrons. In order to be certain that we are providing an acceptable level of customer service and to discover ways we can improve, we have run a user satisfaction survey every other year since 2013.
- 2019 In-House User Satisfaction Survey Report
- 2017 LibQUAL+ Report
- 2015 LibQUAL+ Report
- 2013 In-House User Satisfaction Survey Report
Information on these and other assessment studies can be found by contacting Dr. Alan Bernstein, Dean of Libraries.
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun: 12 pm - 12 am
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 12 am
Fri: 7 am - 8 pm
Sat: 12 pm - 8 pm