Library Use Policy
The primary purpose of Odum Library’s collections and services is to serve as the intellectual hub of Valdosta State University. In order to foster a safe, inviting environment in which members of the University community can study, learn, and research, Odum Library has implemented the following policies for the acceptable use of library facilities. Users who do not adhere to the library’s policies will be asked to leave the building and may be prohibited from further use of its facilities and services.
Library users may not:
- Create a disturbance or behave in a manner that interferes with the normal use of the library. Examples include but are not limited to loud cell phone conversations, listening to music at a volume that others can hear, threatening users, exhibiting severe neglect of personal hygiene, or soliciting. Users creating a disturbance must adhere to library staff’s requests to modify their behavior or they will be asked to leave the building.
- Harass library staff or other library users. University Police will be contacted to respond to all incidents of harassment.
- Transmit, distribute, or store “any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation […]. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.” This is a violation of PeachNet policy. (To learn more about PeachNet, please see http://www.usg.edu/peachnet/.)
- Violate USG Information Technology policies found in the Information Technology Handbook.
- Perform activities intended to circumvent security or access controls of any organization, including the possession or use of hardware or software tools intended to defeat software copy protection, discover passwords, identify security vulnerabilities, decrypt encrypted files, or compromise information security by any other means. (See the Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy)
- Use bicycles, hoverboards, skates, skateboards, or other sports equipment inside the library.
In addition to the policies outlined in this document, library users are required to adhere to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Violations may be reported to University Police for further action.
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun: 12 pm - 12 am
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 12 am
Fri: 7 am - 8 pm
Sat: 12 pm - 8 pm