Basic Order Procedures
- The Library encourages faculty to participate in the building of the Library collections.
- Every academic department has a Departmental Coordinator who manages order requests for his or her department.
- Faculty should send Library orders to the Departmental Coordinator.
- At a minimum, the following information should be included in the order: Title, Author, ISBN, and Date or Edition. ISBN's may be either 10 or 13 digit.
- Paper Choice Cards are regularly distributed to Departments. If you are not seeing these, but would like to review them, please contact your Departmental Coordinator. Choice Reviews may also be searched online.
Instructions to Department Coordinators
- A simple Excel form for gathering orders is available here. Excel is preferred to MS Word or other formats.
- Orders may simply be emailed to your Library Liaison, please cc the Acquisitions Librarian.
- Items may be rush-ordered to expedite receipt and processing.
- It you would like an item rushed, please make that known at the time the order is placed.
- Please be sure to check the Odum Library A-Z list before placing periodical requests. We may already have online access to the title.
- The deadline for placing periodical orders is May 1st of each year. Subscriptions begin the following January.
- Because of the ongoing commitment of a periodical subscription, most departments have policies governing new subscriptions. Both the Library Coordinator and the Department Head need to approve new subscriptions.
- Periodicals are generally available in both print and online formats. Make your preference known at the time of your order. For help with pricing information, contact your Library Liaison.