Instructional Materials Collection
The Instructional Materials Collection (IMC) supports the subject discipline methods courses for teacher preparation as well as the instructional programs and research needs of the faculty and students in the College of Education. These materials include children's and young adult literature and a selection of Pre-K - 12 classroom curricular materials.
The Instructional Materials Collection is housed in two areas of the library. The juvenile literature collection is adjacent to other education related materials on the 3rd floor starting with the shelving prefix of "LZ". Big books are located in the Big Book bins following the LZs on 3rd floor. The teaching materials collection, an extensive array of supporting curricular aids, kits, and educational games can be found on the 3rd floor near the LZs to assist students and teachers in practicing classroom instruction.
Selecting "Advanced Search" in the navigation menu bar at the top of the GIL-FIND@VSU Odum Library Catalog leads to a page with several possible search limits including all of the following locations:
- IMC - Instructional Materials Collection - (All Instructional Materials, both the 3rd floor "LZ" Juvenile Literature and 2nd floor Room 2609 Teaching Materials)
- IMC - Juvenile Collection - (All Juvenile collections, including the Award Range and Big Books)
- IMC - Juvenile Collection - Big Books
- IMC - Teaching Materials Collection
- IMC - Teaching Materials Collection -Puppets
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- Main Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun: 12 pm - 12 am
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 12 am
Fri: 7 am - 8 pm
Sat: 12 pm - 8 pm