Temporary Graduate Faculty Status can be granted on a 5-year basis to qualified faculty who are new to the university and/or new to Graduate faculty role. In order to qualify for 5-year temporary status, you must be on a tenured, tenure track, or promotional track or its equivalent. Temporary Graduate Faculty Status can also be granted on a 3-year basis to qualified non-tenure track faculty who have the educational and experiential credentials to teach a course when a tenure track graduate faculty member is not available.  Finally, faculty wanting to serve on thesis or dissertation committees must have at least temporary status.

To apply for Temporary Graduate Faculty Status the faculty member must submit a current Curriculum Vita to his/her department Chair. The Department Chair will write a memo to the Graduate Dean requesting temporary status for the faculty member. The Department Head will send the memo and Curriculum Vita to the Graduate Dean for Approval.