Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is a federally mandated, campus appointed committee that oversees, reviews, and must approve of all activities involving animal care and use at Valdosta State University. IACUC reviews protocols for the consideration of humane animal care and use as required by federal regulations and Valdosta State University policy.
Valdosta State University complies with all applicable federal and state regulations relating to animal care and use including the Animal Welfare Act. Valdosta State University has established and maintains a program for activities involving animals according to the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (Guide). Valdosta State University’s animal use policies are described in VSU’s Animal Welfare Assurance.
To learn more about IACUC and how to request a review please refer to the links and information below.
- IACUC Forms
- VSU 's Animal Welfare Assurance
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Approval Requirements
- Guidelines for Working with Vertebrate Laboratory and Field Animals
- Health and Safety Program
- USDA Pain/Distress Categories
- Animal Care and Use Committee Meetings
- Animal Care and Use Committee Members
- Resources - Quick Links