Procedures for Appointment to Full Membership
1. Submit the completed Graduate Faculty Application to the Department Head/Division Director.
Applications must be submitted to the Graduate School by:
- Spring by 3 pm Second Friday of March
- Fall by 5 pm on the third Friday of September
2. If approved, the Department Head/Division Director will sign off on the application and forward the application to the appropriate Academic Dean (or in the case of Divisions, will forward to the Associate Provost of Graduate Studies and Research).
3. If the Department Head/Division Director does not nominate the faculty member, the faculty member may appeal the decision by forwarding all nomination materials to the Dean of the Academic College/Division for review.
In any case, the Department Head should provide written notification to the faculty member and the Dean of the Academic College/Division Director about the disposition of the faculty member's nomination and any recommendations. The Dean of the Academic College or Division Director sign off and will forward the recommendations to the Associate Provost of Graduate Studies and Research.
4. The Graduate Faculty Membership Committee (a sub-committee of the Graduate Executive Committee) reviews the nominations and makes a recommendation to the Graduate School Executive Committee.
5. The Graduate School Executive Committee reviews the recommendations of the membership committee and votes to approve/disapprove the recommendations.
6. The Associate Provost of Graduate Studies and Research makes the final decision to approve or deny each nomination to Full Membership on the Graduate Faculty.
7. The Associate Provost of Graduate Studies and Research notifies the faculty member/nominee and the faculty member's department head about the final disposition of each nomination.
*Except for those ex-officio appointments required by statutes, all other Temporary appointments are recommended by the faculty member's Department Head/Division Director and must be approved by the Associate Provost of Graduate Studies and Research.
The Graduate School
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA. 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5694
- Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM