Library Media Certification
Program Coordinator: Dr. Daesang Kim, email: email@example.com, phone: 229-333-5633
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer Semester: No Admission
Online Graduate Application
- Application Fee (credit or debit card and e-checks accepted)
- Apply Online
- As part of the admission review process (after the materials below are submitted), the program coordinator will review your transcripts to determine a program of study (please contact the program coordinator for information regarding this process).
One Official Transcript from each graduate institution where you have previously enrolled
- Transcripts of coursework completed in-residence at VSU will be obtained by the Graduate School
- Submit an official transcript from each college or university where you have previously enrolled in a graduate program.
- Must hold a minimum of a master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale for a graduate degree, calculated on all work attempted in which letter grades are awarded.
GACE Program Admission Assessment
- Passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment or GACE Basic Skills Assessment or qualifying exemption.
- Qualifying exemptions include acceptable scores on the ACT, GRE, SAT, or a valid level 4 or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate.
VSU Medical Form
- The VSU Medical Form must be completed and signed by the student/applicant.
- Online students complete the Student Information and Distance Learning Exemption sections of the Medical Form. Immunization records are not required.
- This form must be received prior to enrollment, NOT prior to admission.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled, and those who attended VSU in the past, are not required to resubmit the Medical Form
Unless otherwise indicated above, all required documents must be received on or before the admission deadline for your file to be reviewed. It is the applicant's responsibility to allow adequate time for document delivery and to en-sure receipt of documents. Please allow at least 7-10 days for delivery by mail.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Prior to completing the required program of study, all enrolled students must attempt the GACE Media Specialist Content Assessment.
- Prior to applying for Media Specialist certification, all students currently enrolled or who have completed their programs of study must pass the GACE Media Specialist Content Assessment.
- This program is delivered in a fully-online format. No campus visit are required.
- Financial Aid is not available for non-degree granting programs.
The Certificate-Only program is a non-degree granting program. Federal homeland security guidelines students visas cannot be issued for non-degree seeking programs.
Prospective students who completed coursework or degrees outside the U.S., please review the information below for specific information and guidelines.
- Course-by-Course Evaluation - Applicants who have completed coursework at an institution outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course evaluation of the coursework. This transcript evaluation, as it is more commonly called, must be completed by an international education credentials evaluation service. This document is required in conjunction with official transcripts from each institution (see page 1) and does not replace the transcript requirement.
- Library Media Certification students are classified as non-degree seeking, add-on certification students. Students in these classifications are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- Irregular admission is not available for Certification-Only programs
HAVE QUESTIONS?For admission questions about this program, please contact the Graduate School by phone, email, or stop by our office.
- Call Us: 229-333-5694 or toll free 800-618-1878, Option #5
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Visit Us: Converse Hall (Main Campus), Third Floor, Suite 3100
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA. 31698
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698