Certificate in Public Administration
The programs have been developed to provide education that will enable working public sector professionals to enhance their knowledge about public administration and to provide opportunities to those in other fields who want and need additional education in the field of public administration.
Each certificate program is only 12 credit hours - four courses - two core courses in the concentration area and two electives from a set list of courses. Course work can be completed on-line, in person, or as a hybrid. We have three programs of study to select from: Public Management and Non-Profit Management certificates are offered exclusively on-line; Public Sector Human Resource Management is conveniently offered on our campus at Moody Air Force Base in Valdosta.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Keith Lee, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 229-253-2874
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer Semester: April 15
- Online Graduate Application
- Application Fee (credit or debit card and e-checks accepted)
- Apply Online
- Proof of Bachelor's Degree
- Transcripts of coursework completed in-residence at VSU will be obtained by the Graduate School
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally- accredited institution before applying to the program
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 Scale. GPA will be calculated on all attempted undergraduate coursework in which a letter grade was awarded
- Evaluation of International Transcripts - Applicants who have completed coursework at an institution outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course evaluation of the coursework. This transcript evaluation must be completed by an international education credentials evaluation service such as Josef Silny, ECE, etc.
- VSU Medical Form
- The form must be completed and signed by the student/applicant.
- This form must be received prior to enrollment, NOT prior to admission.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled, and those who attended VSU in the past, are not required to resubmit the Medical Form
Unless otherwise indicated above, all required documents must be received on or before the admission deadline for your file to be reviewed. It is the applicant's responsibility to allow adequate time for document delivery and to en-sure receipt of documents. Please allow at least 7-10 days for delivery by mail.
Non-degree students are not eligible for an I-20 visa, but they may complete online certificates at a distance. International applicants must meet all admission criteria and documentation requirements as defined by the program, however, additional documentation may be required. Please review the information below for specific information and guidelines. International students are eligible for the on-campus tracks of the MPA program.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Exam or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Applicants whose first language is not English (based on country of citizenship) must submit official scores on the TOEFL exam or IELTS exam. International applicants whose first language is not English but who have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S. institution may be exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
- Certificate of Finances- The Certificate of Finance is required of any applicant requiring a student visa to enter the United States to complete his or her studies. This document is considered a part of the application for admission and applications will not be reviewed without this document. Applicants who do not require an I-20 student visa to complete their studies are exempt from this requirement.
- Evaluation of International Transcripts - Applicants who have completed coursework at an institution outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course evaluation of the coursework. This transcript evaluation must be completed by an international education credentials evaluation service such as Josef Silny, ECE, etc. The transcript evaluation does not replace the transcript requirement. Official transcripts are still required.
- Regular Status
- For admission questions about this program, please contact the Graduate School by phone, email, or stop by our office.
- Call Us: 229-333-5694 or toll free 800-618-1878, Option #5
- Email Us: email@example.com
- Visit Us: Converse Hall (Main Campus), Third Floor, Suite 3100
- For more program details such as course offerings and selections, please contact the Program Director: Dr. Keith Lee, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 229-253-2874
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA. 31698
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698