- Graduation & Retention
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (M.B.A.)
Valdosta State University’s College of Business Administration is a member of the Georgia WebMBA®. This program offers qualified and highly motivated students the opportunity to earn an accredited Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Convenient and affordable, the WebMBA® provides quality instruction in a Web-based virtual setting.
You will work with top business professors from five University System of Georgia institutions. VSU is among five schools listed inU.S. News & World Report's report of online MBAs offered by regionally and professionally accredited business schools. The program also is listed with Business Week Online, World Wide Learn, and geteducated, among others.
The Georgia WebMBA® includes a residential orientation course held during two days at an Atlanta area hotel..
Program Coordinator: Dr. Ellis Heath, email: email@example.com, phone: 229-333-5241
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer Semester: No Admission
*For Spring 22 admission, applicants will NOT be required to submit GMAT and/or GRE exam scores. Admission for these applicants will be determined solely on their GPA and full-time professional experience. However, if an applicant wishes to submit an official standardized test score to Valdosta State University, they can and that score will be considered for their admission. Admissions decisions made prior to this statement being issued are still valid; this policy is not retroactive and waivers for future semesters are not guaranteed.
Online Graduate Application
- Application Fee (credit or debit card and e-checks accepted)
- Apply Online
Official transcript from your bachelor’s degree-granting school and from any graduate coursework
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- Applicants must receive a minimum of 950 points on the College of Business Administration Admission Formula (see Important Program Information to view the Formula)
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.50 on all attempted undergraduate coursework in which a letter grade was awarded.
- Evaluation of International Transcripts - Applicants who have completed coursework at an institution outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course evaluation of the coursework. This transcript evaluation must be completed by an international education credentials evaluation service. We consider evaluations from any services on the NACES Membership list.
- Minimum GMAT requirement: 400
- Minimum GRE requirements:
- Verbal score of 400 AND a Quantitative score of 480
- If taken July 2011 or later: Verbal score of 146 AND a Quantitative score of 143
- The MBA committee will consider waiving the GMAT/GRE test requirement under any of the following conditions
- The applicant has 5 years or more acceptable business management experience; or
- The applicant already holds a master’s degree (or higher), from a regionally accredited college or university; or
- The applicant has a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher in a bachelor's degree in business from an AACSB-accredited college of business.
- To be considered for a test waiver, email Dr. Heath(firstname.lastname@example.org) and attach copies of your transcript(s) and a detailed resume. The coordinator will then, in turn, contact the Graduate School to confirm the waiver.
- The MBA Supplemental Application should be completed in the applicant’s handwriting – in keeping with the instructions on the form. This document can be uploaded to the application checklist.
- This document may be uploaded to the application checklist as a .doc or PDF document (or emailed to email@example.com).
- The form must be completed and signed by the student/applicant.
- This form must be received prior to enrollment, NOT prior to admission.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled, and those who attended VSU in the past, are not required to resubmit the Medical Form
Verification of Lawful Presence(For applicants who believe they qualify for in-state tuition or a residency waiver.)
- This is not required for individuals who do not qualify for in-state tuition or a residency waiver.
- This must be received prior to enrollment (if applicable), NOT prior to admission.
- Citizenship documentation is needed for any applicant who wishes to be considered for in-state tuition.
- Complete list of accepted documents and information on residency.
Unless otherwise indicated above, all required documents must be received on or before the admission deadline for your file to be reviewed. It is the applicant's responsibility to allow adequate time for document delivery and to en-sure receipt of documents. Please allow at least 7-10 days for delivery by mail.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
- The following prerequisite courses must be completed prior to admission to the MBA program, if not completed in conjunction with the undergraduate degree. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better:
VSU Course Number
Principles of Accounting I
Principles of Accounting II
Applied Business Statistics
- To meet minimum requirements for admission, applicants must attain a minimum of 950 points on the College of Business Administration Graduate Admission Formula (see chart), while meeting both the minimum grade-point average requirement and test score requirement.
Total Points = GMAT score + (200 x GPA)
International applicants must meet all admission criteria and documentation requirements as defined by the program, however, additional documentation may be required. Please review the information below for specific information and guidelines.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Exam- The TOEFL exam is required for applicants whose first language is not English based on country of citizenship. International applicants whose first language is not English but who have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S. institution may be exempt from the TOEFL exam. – The minimum TOEFL scores for the MBA program are as follows:
- Paper-based Test: 523
- Computer-based Test: 193
- Internet-based Test: 70
- The Georgia WebMBA ® program is a fully online program. Homeland Security Administration prohibits the issuance of student visas for fully online programs. Applicants requiring immigration visas to enter the country to complete their studies should consider the On-Campus MBA program.
- Evaluation of International Transcripts - Applicants who have completed coursework at an institution outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course evaluation of the coursework. This transcript evaluation must be completed by an international education credentials evaluation service such as Josef Silny, ECE, etc. The transcript evaluation does not replace the transcript requirement. Official transcripts are still required.
- Regular Status
- Probationary Status
- Requests for Irregular or Non-Degree Admission will not be considered.
- The MBA program does not consider requests for Transient status.
HAVE QUESTIONS?For admission questions about this program, please contact the Graduate School by phone, email, or stop by our office.
- Call Us: 229-333-5694 or toll free 800-618-1878, Option #5
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Us: Converse Hall (Main Campus), Third Floor, Suite 3100
- Students must complete an application for graduation one semester prior to their expected graduation date;
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) is required for graduation. No grade below a “C” will be credited toward the degree.
RETENTION, DISMISSAL & READMISSION POLICIES
If transferred from an AACSB-accredited graduate business program, up to six semester hours of graduate business courses may be counted toward the requirements for the MBA degree at Valdosta State University. Students wishing to transfer credit must request and receive permission to do so from the Director before beginning the program. This credit must be documented in the form of an official transcript at the time of admission. Transfer credit will be evaluated after admission, by the academic department. To be eligible, credit must be no more than seven years old at the time of admission unless otherwise approved by the program.
Students will be dismissed from the MBA program if they accumulate three or more academic deficiency points. A grade of “C” equals one deficiency point, but the course will count toward the MBA degree. A grade of “D” equals two deficiency points, and the course will not count toward the MBA degree. A grade of “F” or “WF” equals three deficiency points, and the course will not count toward the MBA degree.
The maximum time allowed for completion of the master’s degree is seven calendar years. All requirements for the MBA degree must be completed within the seven-year period beginning with the student’s first term of enrollment in a graduate course (i.e., a 6000-7000 level course).
After admission, courses taken more than seven years prior to the semester of degree completion cannot be used to meet graduate degree requirements or admission to doctoral candidacy requirements unless otherwise indicated by individual program requirements.
Students dismissed from the program will not be readmitted.
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA. 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM