Welcome to BlazeVIEW (Brightspace by D2L)
Valdosta State University uses the BlazeVIEW learning management system to provide online learning for VSU courses. BlazeVIEW supported courses range from web-enhanced courses where traditional face-to-face instruction is supplemented with online features such as syllabi and lecture notes, to courses that are taught fully online with no on-campus attendance requirements.
- Logging into BlazeVIEW
- Access BlazeVIEW through the Brightspace Pulse App
- BlazeVIEW Help and Support
- New to BlazeVIEW?
- Important links
The MyVSU portal link can be found on most VSU website pages in the upper-right corner. Logging into MyVSU gives you access to a number of the key resources, including BlazeVIEW, with one login. Your BlazeVIEW username and password are the same as your Active Directory account.
If you are an Online Collaborative Education, WebMBA, or eCore® student, your courses will be delivered in the collaborative integrated learning platform, GoVIEW.
Brightspace Pulse is a FREE moble app for VSU students and faculty to view the D2L learning management system that VSU calls "BlazeVIEW." Students and faculty are encouraged to download the Brightspace Pulse app onto their mobile phones and tablets. Here are some of its features:
- Easy view of course documents, readings, assignments, grades, announcements, and the calendar
- Students can contribute to discussion forums, submit assignments (including pictures and videos), and take quizzes
- Communicate using an e-mail tool that can connect individual students with an instructor
- Real-time alerts that notify when updated course content and grades are available
Although the app does not have the full functionality of accessing BlazeVIEW from a computer, VSU faculty and students can still navigate all of BlazeVIEW through an Internet web browser on their mobile devices.
Reach out to the Center for eLearning to received personalized technical support from our Instructional Designers and Technologists:
When you can't reach the Center for eLearning, head over to GeorgiaVIEW for additional technical support. They are available to students, faculty, and staff 24/7, 365 days a year!
- Call 1-888-772-0423
- Use adaptive technology? Call 1-800-892-4315
- Access helpful instructions and guides on their website: GeorgiaVIEW D2L Help
- You are automatically enrolled in a tutorial course called VSU BlazeVIEW Student Tutorial. Access the course once you log into your BlazeVIEW account.
- The Center for eLearning has worked to curate many additional resources in an FAQ.
- Courses will not be available until the first day of class. If you just registered, you may not have access to courses for up to 48 hours.
- You are automatically enrolled in a tutorial course called BlazeVIEW 101. Access the course once you log into your BlazeVIEW account.
- The Center for eLearning has worked to curate many additional resources in an FAQ and through Instructor Guides.
- New faculty will not have access to BlazeVIEW until they have an official teaching assignment in Banner. For access prior to this time please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If MyVSU is down, use the direct link to login to BlazeVIEW.
eCore classes are offered through GoVIEW.