Welcome to BlazeVIEW
Valdosta State University uses the BlazeVIEW learning management system to support online learning for VSU courses. BlazeVIEW-supported courses range from web-enhanced courses where traditional face-to-face instruction is supplemented with online features such as syllabi and lecture notes, to courses that are taught fully online with no on-campus attendance requirements.
- Logging into BlazeVIEW
- Access BlazeVIEW through the Brightspace Pulse App
- BlazeVIEW Initial Troubleshooting Steps
- BlazeVIEW Support
- New to BlazeVIEW?
- Important Links
Logging into BlazeVIEW
Log in to BlazeVIEW through the link at the top of your MyVSU page. You can access your MyVSU page by clicking the link found at the top of most VSU webpages. Logging into MyVSU gives you access to a number of key resources, including BlazeVIEW, with a single signon using your VSU email address and password.
If you are taking GOML, WebMBA, or eCore® courses, you can locate these classes in the collaborative learning platform GoVIEW. For information on this learning portal, see our GoVIEW page. To determine whether your courses are in BlazeVIEW or GoVIEW, see our Student FAQs page.
Brightspace Pulse for Smartphones and Tablets
Brightspace Pulse is a FREE mobile app for VSU students and faculty to connect to BlazeVIEW. Students and faculty are encouraged to download the Brightspace Pulse app to keep up with notifications, announcements, and activities in online courses.
Here are some of its features:
- Easily view course documents, readings, assignments, grades, announcements, and the calendar
- Communicate with your instructor through BlazeVIEW email
- Receive real-time alerts when new course content and grades are available
Find more information and download the app for your mobile device from the Apple App Store® or Google Play™ store.
BlazeVIEW Initial Troubleshooting Steps
If you are experiencing technical problems in BlazeVIEW, follow these initial troubleshooting steps.
- Verify you are using one of our recommended browsers. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox. We hear the most complaints from students using Safari or Edge. Click to download either Chrome or Firefox browser.
- Clear your cache. See the steps for Chrome or Firefox.
- Allow pop-ups. See the steps for Chrome or Firefox.
- Allow third-party cookies. See the steps for Chrome or Firefox.
- Check for and install updates for your browser or computer system.
- Restart your browser.
- Restart your computer.
If these steps do not solve the problem, contact the Center for eLearning for further assistance.
Reach out to the Center for eLearning to received personalized support from our Instructional Designers and Technology Specialist using any of the following methods:
- During our office hours:
- Stop by our office - Suite 2621 on the second floor of Odum Library
- Call 229-245-6490
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our Contact Us form
- Submit a request through the Technology Services Portal at solutions.valdosta.edu
After hours, you can also contact GeorgiaVIEW for additional technical support. They are available to assist students, faculty, and staff 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Call 1-855-772-0423
- Use adaptive technology? Call 1-800-892-4315
- Live chat with an agent and access helpful instructions and guides from the GeorgiaVIEW D2L Help Center.
New to BlazeVIEW?
- If you have courses scheduled in BlazeVIEW, you will also be enrolled in a tutorial course called BlazeVIEW 101: Student Guide at the beginning of the semester. Access the course once you log into your BlazeVIEW account.
- The Center for eLearning offers many additional resources through our Student FAQs and BlazeVIEW Tutorials and Videos, including our Monday Minute video series.
- BlazeVIEW courses are not available until the first day of class. If you register on or after the first day of class, it will take up to 24 hours before you have access to your new class.
- You are automatically enrolled in a tutorial course called BlazeVIEW 101: Pedagogy and Technology. Access the course once you log into your BlazeVIEW account.
- The Center for eLearning offers many additional resources, including FAQs, BlazeVIEW Instructor Guides, and eLearning Tips & Tools.
- New faculty will not have access to BlazeVIEW until they have an official teaching assignment in Banner.
If MyVSU is down, use the direct link to login to BlazeVIEW.
Center for eLearning
Second Floor - Suite 2621
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.245.6490
M-Th: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
F: 8 AM - 3 PM