Welcome to BlazeVIEW (Brightspace by D2L)
Valdosta State University uses the BlazeVIEW learning management system to provide the online learning environment for many VSU courses. BlazeVIEW supported courses range from web-enhanced courses where traditional face-to-face instruction is supplemented with web features such as syllabi and lecture notes, to courses that are taught completely online with no on-campus attendance requirements.
Logging into Blazeview
The MyVSU portal link can be found on most VSU website pages in the upper-right corner. Logging into MyVSU gives you access to a number of the key resources, including BlazeVIEW, with one login. If you are having issues with MyVSU, select the button below for the direct login link to BlazeVIEW.
If you are an Online Collaborative Education, WebMBA, or eCore® student, your courses will be delivered in the collaborative integrated learning platform, GoVIEW.
If you have never logged into BlazeVIEW or if you just want more information, visit:
- Student resources includes login (username/password) information, resources, and online success guides.
- Courses will not be available until the first day of class. If you just registered, you may not have access to courses for up to 48 hours.
- Faculty have access to the following course offerings in BlazeVIEW:
- New to Online: The Fundamentals
- VSU D2L Brightspace Instructor Tutorial CO
- New faculty will not have access to BlazeVIEW until they have an official teaching assignment in Banner. For access prior to this time please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Your BlazeVIEW username and password are the same as your Active Directory account.**
Brightspace by D2L Help Center
Brightspace by D2L also has a Help Center that is available to students and faculty 24/7, 365 days a year for technical support.
Need to Reset your Password?
Effective December 13th, 2016, Valdosta State University’s instance of D2L Brightspace, known as BlazeVIEW, will undergo changes to the terminology used in some tools. These changes will happen in system tools automatically. Content created and uploaded by BlazeVIEW users, including syllabi and instructions, will not be automatically updated.
The changes are:
- News is changing to Announcements
- Dropbox is changing to Assignments
- Edit Course is changing to Course Admin
- Pager is changing to Instant Messages
- In Content, New is changing to Upload/Create
- In Content, Add Existing Activities is changing to Existing Activities
Course instructors, will need to update any syllabi, instructions, or any other file with references to these tools from their old term to their one. Most notably, many instructors refer to the “Dropbox” and/or “News” in their course and will have to change those references to “Assignments” and “Announcements” accordingly for the Spring 2017 semester forward.
Need Access to GoVIEW?
Did you know?
Starting on Monday, May 7th, you will notice a new look and feel for D2L Brightspace. For the latest update or to catch up on any updates you might have missed, please visit our What's New with D2L website page.
If MyVSU is down, use the direct link to login to BlazeVIEW.