February 11, 2022
Communications and Media Relations Coordinator
VSU Students Develop Marketing Strategy for Coastal Georgia Business Owner
VALDOSTA — Working through Valdosta State University's Center for South Georgia Regional Impact, Dr. Amy Watson and 44 students in her MBA 7050: Marketing Strategy course at Valdosta State University were recently asked to help three St. Marys, Georgia, businesses — Riverview Hotel, Seagle's Restaurant, and Captain Seagle's Saloon — identify opportunities to increase sales, enhance their reputation, and establish a foundation for long-term growth and success. The students completed the project during Fall Semester 2021 and their best ideas were presented to the business owner in early 2022.
Featured in the following video are:
• Dr. Amy Watson, assistant professor of marketing at VSU
• Bert Guy, St. Marys business owner
• Ginny Samuel, a student from Fayette County, Georgia. She plans to graduate with a Master of Science in Psychology: Industrial/Organizational Psychology in Summer 2022.
• Rebecca Cruz Alcazar, a student from Gainesville, Georgia. She plans to graduate with a Master of Business Administration in Spring 2023.
• Retrina Roberts, a student from Valdosta, Georgia. She plans to graduate with a Master of Business Administration in Spring 2023. She earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management and a Minor in Entrepreneurship from VSU in 2021.
(Video edited by Kasmira Smith, student intern)
The Center for South Georgia Regional Impact was created in 2018 to support VSU’s unwavering commitment to being a catalyst for regional comprehensive progress and serving as a resource for industry, healthcare, arts, education, athletics, and other changing economic needs that support the growth of the region. The center works with community leaders in VSU’s 41-county service area to identify issues they want to confront and then connects those community leaders to VSU faculty, staff, and students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop solutions and accelerate progress toward a better tomorrow.
On the Web:
- Office of Communications Powell Hall West, Suite 1120
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- General VSU Information
- Phone: 229.333.5800
- Office of Communications
- Phone: 229.333.2163
- Phone: 229.333.5983