- How long is the MBA program?
- What happens if I take a semester (e.g., summer) off?
- Do the students in the MBA program work?
- Is financial aid available?
- Can I be accepted into the MBA before completing the undergraduate degree?
- Can I be accepted into the MBA program before completing the undergraduate prerequisites?
- Can I be accepted before taking the GMAT?
- Will the MBA prerequisites help me do better on the GMAT?
- What is the average GMAT and GPA of applicants accepted into the MBA program?
- Where can I take the GMAT?
- Do I need to have prior business experience, and what is the average experience of the students in the program?
- What score do I need to have on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to be admitted to the MBA?
- Where can I apply for the MBA at Valdosta State University?
- Where do I get information on fees and deadlines?
- When can I begin the MBA program, and when are the application deadlines?
- How do I begin the application process?
VSU's MBA program is a 30-hour (10 course) program.
4. Is financial aid available?
Some financial aid in the form of assistantships and through the work-study program is available. For more information go to the VSU's Financial Aid.
6. Can I be accepted into the MBA program before completing the undergraduate prerequisites?
No, you must complete the prerequisites before being considered for the VSU MBA program. However, you are advised to discuss the program with the MBA Director before beginning prerequisites.
7. Can I be accepted before taking the GMAT?
No, you must take the GMAT or GREin order to be considered for the VSU MBA program.
8. Will the MBA prerequisites help me do better on the GMAT?
The MBA prerequisites are not directly related to or required prior to taking the GMAT. The GMAT has three sections: quantitative, verbal, and analytical writing. The quantitative section analyzes knowledge of problem solving and data sufficiency. The verbal section analyzes knowledge of reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction. The analytical writing section focuses on analysis of an issue and analysis of an argument.
10. Where can I take the GMAT?
You can take the GMAT at VSU's Office of Testing on main campus.
11. Do I need to have prior business experience, and what is the average experience of the students in the program?
Prior business experience is not required for the on-campus MBA or MBA/HCAD but is a factor in the acceptance process. The average number of years of business experience is 7 years. The WebMBA program requires two years full-time work experience after the bachelor’s degree.
12. What score do I need to have on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to be admitted to the MBA?
If the applicants first language is not English, a minimum of 550 or a 213 on the new computer based test is required for admission.
13. Where can I apply for the MBA at Valdosta State University?
You can now submit your application electronically at the Graduate School website. You can also find admission requirements and financial aid information at the Graduate School site.
14. Where do I get information on fees and deadlines?
You can find fee schedules, fee deadlines, and loan information at Valdosta State University's Bursary site.
15. When can I begin the MBA program, and when are the application deadlines?
You can begin the on-campus MBA program in either Fall, Spring, or Summer Semesters. The MBA/HCAD currently admits students only in the fall. The WebMBA admits fall and spring semesters. Deadlines for application material is 30 days before the start of the semester for which you are applying. You should send your application as soon as possible in order to register for the classes that you need.
16. How do I begin the application process?
You should go to the VSU Graduate School website and follow the "Getting Started" procedure. This site also has Fee Schedule and Financial Aid information.