Graduate Faculty Application
for Tenure-Track/Tenured Faculty
Complete packets must be submitted to the Graduate School by:
FALL 2014 - 3:00 pm, Friday, September 12, 2014
SPRING 2015 - 3:00 pm, Friday, February 13, 2015
NEW FORMAT! APPLICATIONS FOR FULL STATUS CAN NOW BE GENERATED THROUGH DIGITAL MEASURES!
Each candidate for graduate faculty status must submit an application containing all the relevant material needed by the Membership Committee to evaluate an applicant's status. APPLICATIONS CAN NOW BE GENERATED IN DIGITAL MEASURES. Complete explanations of each term can be found at the Categories and Terms of Status. For copying purposes, please submit applications in manila folders - do not staple or use multiple paperclips or 3-ring binders.
Packets/apps for "full" status must be forwarded first to department heads and then to college deans for supporting memos before arriving at the Graduate School.
Note: If using the old format, please include a CV in your packet. If using Digital Measures, DO NOT submit a CV.
An example of information to be automatically populated using Digital Measures is below:
1. General Information
- Personal and Contact Information
- Administrative Assignments
- Professional Memberships
- Licensures and Certifications
- Highest degree held
- Date highest degree received
3. Awards and Honors
4. Teaching and Advising (most recent 5-year period)
- Scheduled Teaching
- Guided Independent Study, Internship, or Other Teaching Responsibilities
- Academic Advising
- Thesis/Dissertation Committee Service
5. Student Evaluation of Teaching (SOIs for the past 5 years). New preparation is defined as a course taught for the first time or a course which has not been taught for a period of three years
6. Teaching Performances (as evaluated by candidate, department head, and students)
- Evaluate what you have learned about your teaching effectiveness through reading your Student Opinions of Instructions (SOIs)
7. Self-evaulation of Teaching & Mentoring: Enter 1-3 paragraphs in Digital Measures
8. Professional Growth and Productivity (most recent 5-year period)
- Artistic and Professional Performances and Exhibits
- Media Contributions
- Contracts, Fellowships, Grants, and Sponsored Research
- Faculty Development Activities Attended
- Intellectual Property
9. Service to Graduate Education at VSU (during the last 5-years)
- Non-Credit Instruction Taught
- University System of Georgia Service
Incomplete application forms/packets will not be considered by the Committee. Do not include "CVs" with DM-generated packets.
Questions? Please contact Ms. Teresa Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-333-5695.