VSU CARES Award
VSU CARES Award Information and Process
Awards made to students who have demonstrated a need for temporary financial assistance. Priority consideration will be given to students whose future at Valdosta State University may be in jeopardy. Each award cannot exceed $500.
Eligible students must have exhausted all other forms of financial assistance, including federal loans. Applicants must be a current degree seeking student at Valdosta State University. VSU Cares awards are designed for students with temporary financial need, and are usually only awarded once during their Valdosta State University experience.
- Complete the VSU Cares Award application, the Student Financial Assistance form and attach Financial Aid Award Information to the application. Please note, the Office of the Dean of Students will confirm that all financial aid options have been exhausted before considering each application.
- Turn in your completed VSU Cares Award application and all attachments to the Dean of Students office between 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or email application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed applications must be received before Friday at noon to be considered the following week.
VSU CARES Award Guidelines
- Must be a current degree seeking student at Valdosta State University, who has exhausted all available financial aid
- May only be eligible to receive an award once (except in extreme cases and at the discretion of the Dean of Students)
- The Dean of Students will review all applications and will either approve or deny the applications
- It may take up to three weeks after approval for the award funds to be released to the student
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698