Teacher Recertification: Open Entry Courses
- Course Access, Grades, and Completion Documents
- NEW - Supporting At-Risk Young Learners & Their Families
- 12 Most Popular Courses
- Complete List of Our Courses
- PLU / CEU Requirements
- Cancellation / Refund Policy
Questions? Call 229.245.6484 and include in your message the best time to call you. We are working remotely and will respond within 24 hours .
- You have 6 months access to complete your course(s). Course dates shown when registering are for OFFICE USE ONLY.
- You must spend a minimum of 2 weeks working in these courses.
- Although you may finish your course in less than 2 weeks, instructors WILL NOT grade work until the 2-weeks had passed.
- Certificates and completion letters are not available immediately upon course completion.
- PACE CANNOT process your documents until grade reports are received from the instructor.
- Allow a minimum of 10 - 14 days after submitting your final work to receive your documents.
- All documents are sent via email. Hard copies are available upon request.
- Maximum number of courses allowed per term:
- Summer, May 1 - Aug 31: 10 courses
- Fall, Sept 1 - Dec 31: 5 courses
- Spring, Jan 1 - April 30: 5 courses
- All courses below are accepted by the GaPSC to fulfill relicensure requirements. For teachers in states other than GA, please check with your Department of Education or professional standards organization to ensure these courses are accepted.
Supporting At-Risk Young Learners & Their Families
|PLUs / CEUs||Register|
|Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder||3 PLU / CEU||Register|
|Autism Spectrum Disorder||3 PLU / CEU||Register|
|Behavior Is Language||4 PLU / 4.5 CEU||Register|
|Drugs & Alcohol in Schools||3 PLU / CEU||Register|
|Educational Assessment||3 PLU / CEU||Register|
|ELL: Evaluation & Assessment (additional courses in the ELL Series can be found in our Complete Course List)||4.5 CEU||Register|
|Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation in Schools||3 PLU / CEU||Register|
|Learning Disabilities||4 PLU / 4.5 CEU||Register|
|Reading & Writing in Content Area||3 PLU / CEU||Register|
|Teaching Diversity||3 PLU/CEU||Register|
|Understanding Aggression||4 PLU/4.5 CEU||Register|
|Why DI?: An Introduction to Differentiated Instruction||4 PLU/4.5 CEU||Register|
A "Professional Learning Approval" form will be emailed to you within 5-7 days of registration.
- You may start your classes while waiting for the PLA form to arrive.
- Complete the form, have it signed by your superintendent or system designee and return to VSU Professional & Community Education (PACE).
- If you are not currently employed in a school setting, you must sign the bottom of the form.
Upon receipt of your grade report indicating successful completion of the course:
- A certificate and completion letter will be emailed to you.
- Hard copies are available upon request.
- If you are currently working in a school system, the documents will be sent to the school system you indicated on the professional learning approval form and copies will be sent to you.
- Teachers are responsible for submitting their documents to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. This includes uploading your CEU transcript to your MyPSC account. CEU transcripts are NOT submitted to the GaPSC by the college or university.
Georgia Teachers: Please check with your school, school district, or the GA Professional Standards Commission BEFORE registering for our teacher recertification courses to make sure they will be accepted.
A cancellation processing and handling fee of $10 will be charged if you cancel after your registration is processed and confirmed. No refunds will be given for cancellations two weeks (14 days) after the course access link is emailed to you.
Office of Professional and Community Education
Professional and Community Education
903 N Patterson Street
Valdosta GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.245.6484
Monday - Thursday:
8 AM - 5:30 PM
8 AM - 3 PM