Administrative Assistant Certificate
The Administrative Assistant Certificate Program is designed for individuals who want to develop skills for a variety of administrative job functions or professional growth. All courses in the program are online.
Administrative Assistant I Certificate*
To earn the certificate you must:
- Complete and submit the Administrative Assistant Certificate Program Agreement before beginning your classes.
- Successfully complete all required and elective courses* within 18 months.
- Maintain a 70% grade average or higher throughout the program.
- Submit the Course Checklist & Certificate Request to apply for the Administrative Assistant I or II Certificate.
Online classes are $129 unless otherwise stated. Check course descriptions for start dates.
Core Courses – Complete all:
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Effective Business Writing
Electives - Choose two:
- Managing Customer Service
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
- What's New in Microsoft Office 2013
- Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2010 OR 2013
Administrative Assistant II Certificate*
Successful completion of Administrative Assistant I Certificate plus these additional courses:
*Classes in certificate programs are subject to change. VSU Continuing Education reserves the right to amend our policies regarding the Administrative Assistant Certificate Program at any time and will contact those participants who may be affected by any policy adjustments.