University Honors College Application
ADMISSION AND ELIGIBILITY
We welcome your application to the Honors College. Students applying to the Honors College benefit from many opportunities including:
- Priority registration
- Seminar and Interdisciplinary courses and activities
- Undergraduate research and experiential learning
- Honors housing in Reade Hall
- Study abroad and exchange with international partners
- Honors scholarship and stipends
Incoming freshman: recommended requirements for admission into the Honors College:
- High School GPA of 3.5 in college preparatory classes is preferred
- Honors application essay (writing sample)
- High School Honors, AP, or IB courses
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic advisor
- SAT and/or ACT scores are considered
Current students may apply to the Honors College after completing 15 hours with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Transfer students must also have a 3.5 GPA and also submit a letter of recommendation from a previous instructor/professor.
Applications will be accepted until July 1st for the Fall enrollment and November 15th for the Spring enrollment. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of acceptance into the Honors College. Applicants will be contacted for official acceptance after a review of the application criteria
The Honors College application form is on the Honors Portal.