Schedule an in-person PAL Tutoring Appointment
As of Fall 2018, the ASC is using a new scheduling system provided by Tutor.com, which students can access through Blazeview. Please call our office for help at (229) 333-7570.
Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
Go to "Free Tutoring" via BlazeVIEW
- Sign in to BlazeVIEW with your MyVSU username and password.
- In BlazeVIEW, click on the course you need assistance in.
- Look across the ribbon of options on the top of the page.
- Click on Free Tutoring which is located to the extreme right on the ribbon.
Option 1: Schedule an in-person appointment with an Academic Support Center Tutor
To book a 25-minute or 55-minute appointment, do one of the following:
- Click the blue button in the middle of the page under "Schedule a Tutoring Session with a VSU In Person Tutor"
- Call 229-333-7570
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the tutor's name, subject/course, and time
- Visit us in-person at the ASC front desk (2nd Floor of Odum Library)
Please note that the last 5 minutes of appointments are reserved for tutors to complete required paperwork. Therefore 30 minute appointments will be 25 minutes and 60 minute appointments will be 55 minutes. If you need assistance, feel free to call the ASC at (229) 333-7570.
Option 2: Schedule an online appointment with Tutor.com
- Choose between:
- Connect with a Tutor Now (for immediate help). The yellow "Connect Now" button at the left of the page.
- Schedule a Tutoring Session (to schedule an appointment), The blue "Schedule" button at the bottom of the page
- Submit a Paper for Review (to upload a paper to be reviewed). the blue "Submit" button at the right of the page.
- Take a Practice Quiz (to asynchronously review different topics). These are not charged against your available tutoring hours.
- If you click the Connect with a Tutor Now button, you will then need to choose a topic, then choose a subject, enter your question, then click the "Submit" button to start the session.
- If you click the Schedule a Tutoring Session button, you will then need to select your subject, pick a tutor, and click the yellow "Schedule" button.
- Choose a date from the calendars on the right
- Select an available Time Slot from the dropdown menu.
- Select your Topic, Subject, and question you would like to discuss.
- Finally, click "Schedule Session" and you'll receive an email confirmation.
- Just before your scheduled appointment (about 10 minutes), you need to enter Tutor.com again from BlazeVIEW following the above steps and click on your scheduled appointment.
- If you click the Submit a Paper for Review button complete all the instructions and upload your documents.
- Click the yellow "Submit" button.
Academic Support Center
Odum Library, 2nd floor
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698 (next to Circulation)
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.7570
- Fax: 229.333.7579
Mon-Thur: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Find us on social media!