Welcome to VSU Division of Information Technology
Business Intelligence, Instructional Technology, Information Systems, Security, Networking, and Client Support
Welcome New BLAZERS!
Students and Employees, learn how to set-up and access your VSU accounts.
Connect your devices to VSU's fast and expansive wireless network.
Technology Services & Resources
IT Services Scheduled Maintenances & Notices
WINDOWS 7 END OF LIFE SUPPORT:
Beginning January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide support for the Windows 7 operating system. Any remaining VSU computers that currently run Windows 7 will be migrated to Windows 10. Learn more:
Microsoft Windows 7 End of Life Support site:
- Windows 10 at VSU: https://www.valdosta.edu/administration/it/helpdesk/employee-resources/employee-services/microsoft%20windows.php
- What’s New in Office 2019: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-New-in-Office-2019-5077cbbe-0d94-44cc-b30e-654e37629b0c
- Hoonuit Video Tutorials: Login to MyVSU to access Hoonuit from the Portals list.
BANNER MAINTENANCE:Banner and all related services (Banner Web, Banner Admin, online payment systems, etc.) will be unavailable:
Beginning: Saturday, January 18, 10pm
Ending: Sunday, January 19, 6am
BANNER MANAGED SERVICES
VSU is scheduled to migrate our local version of Banner to USG's GeorgiaBEST (Banner) Managed Services:
February 6-11, 2020
During this maintenance period, Banner and related services will not be available. Please plan ahead by entering data and running, printing, and saving needed reports and information prior to February 6.
Overall End-user Impact: The look, feel and function of Banner will not be impacted. However, a new direct link will be created. You will need to update your bookmarks.
Questions? Contact VSU Solutions Center
All Students & Employees
- 2FA: Log in to your VSU accounts using two-factor authentication
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Is a collection of software used for graphic design, video editing, web development, and photography (e.g., Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator).
- Kramer & Extron Guide: Active Classroom guides and resources
Printing: Card-swipe printers
- North Campus Technical Response Unit: Tech support and resources
- Event Management System: Event reservation system
File Sharing and Storage: Documents folder, Network drive (V:) OneDrive, Filelocker
MyDocs to OneDrive Migration: V:\mydocs decommission
OneDrive: Microsoft cloud storage
Guides and Resources: How-to-guides and video tutorials
Information Security: CyberSecurity, Remote desktop
Microsoft Office 365: Email, OneDrive, MS web apps, and free Office Suite
Resident Students Only Move-in Survey: Tell us about your move-in experience using VSU technologies
V-State Mobile App: Download the official app for Valdosta State University
- Blazer Guardian App: Public safety app available for Android and Apple devices
VSU WiFi: Connect to the campus wireless network or shuttle bus wireless network
Employees Only & Student Organizations
- Faculty and Staff Tech Guide: A guide to all technology resources available at VSU
Cascade Web: University web editing tool for departmental web pages
- Procurement Support: University technology purchases guides, Licenses, Forms
- Remote Desktop: Control your office computer from home
- Success Portal: Interactive dashboards, student profiles and messaging tools for student advisement and notifications
Telecommunications: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone services and Jabber Instant Messenger
EMPLOYEES ONLY & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Organizational Print Accounts: Used primarily for official student organizations to share a pool of print credits. This form can also be used for grants.
Smart Classrooms: Tutorial on using instructor classroom workstation equipment
WordPress: A supplemental web-designing tool used to create websites and blogs
VSU Solutions Center
Announcements & Media
We would like to share a special tribute with you in honor of our student employees who are graduating this semester. Please see attached presentation created by student assistant, Davina Hurt.
Congratulations, Cathy Sowa!
Cathy Sowa, an Information Security Associate at Valdosta State University is among the 100 finalists in the U.S. Cyber FastTrack competition who has been awarded a $22,000 scholarship to attend the SANS Technology Institute’s undergraduate certificate program in Applied Cybersecurity. Read more about it here!
The MyVSU Portal (Beta)
This past fall, we launched a completely new and updated version of the MyVSU Portal. Many of you provided valuable feedback on how could improve the look and function of the portal. As a result we ask that you test a beta version of the suggested changes and provide even more feedback.
Valdosta State implemented the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB)
VSB helps you to create a schedule based on the courses and times that work best for you. This real-time class scheduling tool arranges your selected courses into conflict-free timetables and displays them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule.
For more information and guidance, visit the Office of the Registrar's site
The new Ellucian Banner 9 Admin Pages will be deployed on October 22, 2018.
Replacing the current Banner 8 Forms (INB) version, Banner 9 Admin Pages will deliver noticeable improvements:
- a modern user interface
- enhanced navigation and process management tools
- new functionality across the student, HR and finance utilities, and
- the ability to run from a variety of web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) and mobile devices (tablets and phones)
- The 2018 Division of Information Annual Report is now published. The report highlights several impactful projects completed during the 2017-2018 fiscal year, upcoming projects, and the staff within IT that help make the VState experience possible.
- VSU WiFi Upgrade: The Division of Information Technology is proud to announce that, while supporting over 3.2 million square feet of coverage, we have increased the bandwidth for the campus residential network by 150% (from 2 gigabits per second to 5). This increase will provide faster and more reliable connectivity for academic and residential needs while also adding support for high-definition (HD) media streaming and increased simultaneous connections.
- VSU Solutions Center: Brian Haugabrook, Chief Information Officer
Thinking outside of the 'IT box' brought about the inception of Valdosta State University Solutions Center.
- Ryan Hogan, Director of Admissions
Talks about how the Solutions Center has impacted perspective and current students.
The VSYou experience: Sterlin Sanders, Director of Technical Support Services
From a student to a leader who encourages staff and student techs to EAT!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Employees Only
Helping to ensure your digital security
IT Job Postings
Check here for current IT employment opportunities!
Students apply at Blazer Briefcase Portal (Create an account if you haven’t already.)
No close date: Initial review of applications will begin December 2, 2019
Proposed Salary: Commensurate with experience and credentials
Valdosta State University seeks an accomplished IT leader to serve as the Chief Information Officer. The CIO serves as the senior administrative official responsible for leading the University’s Information Technology vision, strategic planning, change management, policy, architecture and infrastructure, and innovation initiatives. An experienced and talented CIO will act as a key leader and collaborative partner, working with students, academic, administrative, and executive leaders to further institutional goals and initiatives. The CIO also will be responsible for developing and communicating a strategic plan and portfolio of initiatives to both leverage the current and anticipated information technologies and services as well as explore and implement IT innovations that achieve the University’s educational, economic development, public service, and research goals.
- Master’s degree in a specified field and ten years (10) years of work experience in a related field is required which at least seven (7) years must have been in a supervisory role. Terminal degree and/or professional licensure, certification, and/or designation may be required in some areas.
- Ability to form alliances and relationships with state and national organizations that develop standards, best practices, and innovative solutions to challenges in information and communication technologies.
- Develop and implement technologies to support enrollment initiatives and enable student success strategies.
- Ability to promote increasingly broad and sophisticated adoption of predictive analytics.
Close Date: 2/2/2020
Provides entry-level information technology support with one or more of the following areas: basic troubleshooting, software installation, desktop support, helpdesk representative, network monitor, system support, or web support. Operates and maintains a multi-platform environment that include various equipment and technologies; install and maintain a variety of PC-based software applications; detect, troubleshoot, and report network and/or system problems; upkeeps multifunction printers; upkeeps the university website and web applications; establishes and maintains working relationships with students, faculty, and staff in order to effectively gather and convey information.
High School Diploma and one (1) year of related work experience.
Has an IT staff provided exceptional service to you? Submit an I Caught You Caring Card!
- Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 1 pm
Sunday: 8am - 2 pm