Welcome to VSU Division of Information Technology
Business Intelligence, Instructional Technology, Information Systems, Security, Networking, and Client Support
Welcome New BLAZERS!
Students and Employees, learn how to set-up and access your VSU accounts.
Connect your devices to VSU's fast and expansive wireless network.
Technology Services & Resources
IT Services Scheduled Maintenances & Notices
SCHEDULED INFORMATION SECURITY TOOL MAINTENANCE:
Information Security Tool maintenance will occur Friday, November 8, 10pm through Saturday, November 9, 1am. Little to minimal impact to network services will occur. Thank you.
BANNER MONTH-END SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE:
Banner and all related services (Banner Web, Banner Admin, online payment systems, etc.) will be unavailable:
Thursday, October 31, 10pm – Midnight
WORDPRESS SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE:
WordPress, a supplemental web-designing tool, will be upgraded to the newest version 5.2.4. To complete the upgrade, WordPress will be unavailable:
Beginning: Saturday, October 26, 8pm
Ending: Monday, October 28, 8am
Although the functionality of WordPress and available themes will remain the same after the upgrade, the content editor will be different. The new version introduces a block editor known as the Gutenberg interface. Please visit VSU’s WordPress site to learn more. Additionally, WordPress workshops can be offered based on interest.
All Students & Employees
- 2FA: Log in to your VSU accounts using two-factor authentication
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Is a collection of software used for graphic design, video editing, web development, and photography (e.g., Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator).
- Kramer & Extron Guide: Active Classroom guides and resources
Printing: Card-swipe printers
- North Campus Technical Response Unit: Tech support and resources
- Event Management System: Event reservation system
File Sharing and Storage: Documents folder, Network drive (V:) OneDrive, Filelocker
MyDocs to OneDrive Migration: V:\mydocs decommission
OneDrive: Microsoft cloud storage
Guides and Resources: How-to-guides and video tutorials
Information Security: CyberSecurity, Remote desktop
Microsoft Office 365: Email, OneDrive, MS web apps, and free Office Suite
Resident Students Only Move-in Survey: Tell us about your move-in experience using VSU technologies
V-State Mobile App: Download the official app for Valdosta State University
- Blazer Guardian App: Public safety app available for Android and Apple devices
VSU WiFi: Connect to the campus wireless network or shuttle bus wireless network
Employees Only & Student Organizations
- Faculty and Staff Tech Guide: A guide to all technology resources available at VSU
Cascade Web: University web editing tool for departmental web pages
- Procurement Support: University technology purchases guides, Licenses, Forms
- Remote Desktop: Control your office computer from home
- Success Portal: Interactive dashboards, student profiles and messaging tools for student advisement and notifications
Telecommunications: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone services and Jabber Instant Messenger
EMPLOYEES ONLY & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Organizational Print Accounts: Used primarily for official student organizations to share a pool of print credits. This form can also be used for grants.
Smart Classrooms: Tutorial on using instructor classroom workstation equipment
WordPress: A supplemental web-designing tool used to create websites and blogs
VSU Solutions Center
Announcements & Media
Congratulations, Cathy Sowa!
Cathy Sowa, an Information Security Associate at Valdosta State University is among the 100 finalists in the U.S. Cyber FastTrack competition who has been awarded a $22,000 scholarship to attend the SANS Technology Institute’s undergraduate certificate program in Applied Cybersecurity. Read more about it here!
The MyVSU Portal (Beta)
This past fall, we launched a completely new and updated version of the MyVSU Portal. Many of you provided valuable feedback on how could improve the look and function of the portal. As a result we ask that you test a beta version of the suggested changes and provide even more feedback.
Valdosta State implemented the Visual Schedule Builder (VSB)
VSB helps you to create a schedule based on the courses and times that work best for you. This real-time class scheduling tool arranges your selected courses into conflict-free timetables and displays them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule.
For more information and guidance, visit the Office of the Registrar's site
The new Ellucian Banner 9 Admin Pages will be deployed on October 22, 2018.
Replacing the current Banner 8 Forms (INB) version, Banner 9 Admin Pages will deliver noticeable improvements:
- a modern user interface
- enhanced navigation and process management tools
- new functionality across the student, HR and finance utilities, and
- the ability to run from a variety of web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) and mobile devices (tablets and phones)
- The 2018 Division of Information Annual Report is now published. The report highlights several impactful projects completed during the 2017-2018 fiscal year, upcoming projects, and the staff within IT that help make the VState experience possible.
- VSU WiFi Upgrade: The Division of Information Technology is proud to announce that, while supporting over 3.2 million square feet of coverage, we have increased the bandwidth for the campus residential network by 150% (from 2 gigabits per second to 5). This increase will provide faster and more reliable connectivity for academic and residential needs while also adding support for high-definition (HD) media streaming and increased simultaneous connections.
- VSU Solutions Center: Brian Haugabrook, Chief Information Officer
Thinking outside of the 'IT box' brought about the inception of Valdosta State University Solutions Center.
- Ryan Hogan, Director of Admissions
Talks about how the Solutions Center has impacted perspective and current students.
The VSYou experience: Sterlin Sanders, Director of Technical Support Services
From a student to a leader who encourages staff and student techs to EAT!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Employees Only
Helping to ensure your digital security
IT Job Postings
Check here for current IT employment opportunities!
Students apply at Blazer Briefcase Portal (Create an account if you haven’t already.)
Has an IT staff provided exceptional service to you? Submit an I Caught You Caring Card!
- Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 1 pm
Sunday: 8am - 2 pm