Respond in Case of an Accident
How to respond in Case of an Accident
- Stop Immediately. Take required precautions to prevent further accidents at the scene. Render all reasonable assistance to persons injured at the scene.
- Ask someone at the scene to call police
- If on campus, contact the Campus Police Department (229) 333-7816 or if off campus, contact the police department with jurisdiction in that area). NOTE: All accidents involving a state vehicle requires a police report.
- Contact your immediate supervisor and report the accident.
- In the event the accident involves injuries,
- Report to 1(877) 656-7475 listed on the Georgia Liability Insurance Card. Be sure to obtain the information that is asked for on the back of the card (This card should be in the vehicle at all times).
- If the state vehicle is not drivable from the scene of the accident, you should contact the ARI Program 1(800) 227-2273 for information related to auto repair shops and towing services.
- The following reports must be completed and received by VSU Risk Management within 24 hours so the report can be processed within the 48 hours requirement:
- Employees must complete a VSU Accident Report Form immediately following the accident and forward it to the immediate supervisor.
- Immediate supervisors must complete the BOR/DOAS Supervisors Accident Follow-up Checklist.
- Both reports must be forwarded to VSU’s Risk Management by faxing it to (229) 333-7408.
- All questions concerning the reporting of motor vehicle accidents should be referred to the VSU’s Risk Management at (229) 333-5708.
- University Center Entrance 5 1205 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5708
- Fax: 229.333.7408
M-Th 8am - 5:30pm
F 8am - 3pm