Procedures and forms for the use of the State Purchasing Card are available at the following links. Each cardholder and their supervising approver are responsible for reading the information. The procedures for VSU are based on the policies issued by the State of Georgia and The Board of Regents System Office. To apply for a purchasing card:
Purchasing Card Application Procedures
To Start the Application Process, prospective Cardholders must do the following:
- Read and understand the VSU Purchasing Card Policy.
- Submit a P-Card Application, signed by prospective Cardholder's supervisor, to the P-Card Manager for review and processing.
- Successfully complete the Introduction to Purchasing Card Principles course and exam (Link to online course and exam will be provided to applicant via email).
- Complete the BlazeVIEW course titled USG Ethic's Program, if not already completed.
Note: All applications must be approved by the applicant's supervisor, the CUPO, and the VPFA and may also require approval by the Georgia Department of Administrative Services and Office of Planning and Budget. Receipt of a P-Card is also contingent on the applicant passing a credit check and background check.
Using the Works Program with the Purchasing Card
The new online purchasing card application, Works Payment Manager, is active and all cardholders should have access to the application. The user’s guide is available above or may be requested from Procurement. If you have any problems or have not received your username please contact Procurement at 333-5708.
- Works Payment Manager User’s Guide (Included are the instructions, sign off sheet and PCard-Log)
The below documents may be useful when reconciling the monthly purchasing card statements: