Purpose, Vision, and Goals
Conflict can occur for many reasons such as lack of information, misinformation and misunderstanding, or differences in interests, personality, and ways of seeing things. At times conflict can be positive and its resolution can result in better ideas and ways of doing things. But unresolved conflict can grow into more serious disputes. If this occurs, you may want to seek our services in conflict coaching, mediation, or conflict management training. Find out more by contacting VSU's Conflict Resolution Committee at email@example.com or complete our online form.
Our vision focuses on collaborative negotiation. We consist of diverse individuals who are facilitators in voluntary, collaborative, confidential and neutral agreements. Mediation and coaching processes initiate a safe and peaceful conversation toward successful resolution.
VSU's Conflict Resolution Committee Goals
- Provide and promote mediation services, conflict coaching and restorative practices that are available to University employees.
- Strive to increase awareness of healthy forms of communication and conflict resolution.
- Preserve confidentiality and human dignity of all parties involved in a dispute.
- Review policies and procedures and, where appropriate, incorporate mediation and conflict coaching as options to resolve disputes.
- Obtain administrative support and funding for programming that leads to a positive and healthy work environment.
- Partner with other campus entities and outside resources to offer professional development and research opportunities in the field of mediation and conflict resolution.
- Maintain a committee that is representative of the administration, faculty, and staff.
1500 N. Patterson Street Valdosta, Georgia 31698 firstname.lastname@example.org
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698