Visual Schedule Builder
VISUAL SCHEDULE BUILDER (VSB) is a dynamic, real-time class scheduling and registration tool. VSB arranges your desired courses into conflict-free timetable options and displays them in an easy-to-read weekly schedule.
Once you select the schedule that works best for you, simply click a button and register!
Disclaimer: VSB does not replace the need for academic advising or degree auditing.
How to Use VSB
How to Access VSB
1. Log in to the MyVSU portal using your VSU email and password.
2. Click Visual Schedule Builder from the Portals list.
If Visual Schedule Builder is not listed, click View All and select it from the alphabetical listing.
VSB Quick Start Guide
Note: Click the Increase Accessibility link located below the Select Course box to enable website accessibility features.
1. Select the appropriate Term and desired Instructional Methods.
2. Enter a course code or name in the Select Course box.
3. Filter your preferences.
4. Use the arrows under Generated Results to move between schedule options.
The chart on the right will adapt to the changes as you move between your options.
5. Click Show More to view any restrictions the course may have to determine if you qualify to register for that particular course.
6. Once you have your desired schedule, click Get this Schedule button. A Confirmation page will display showing all of your desired classes. Select from the Option dropdown menu the appropriate action (Web Register, Waitlist, etc.)
7. Once you click Do Actions, the page will notify you of your registration and in the right hand bottom of your page you can return to the Schedule Builder page.
VSB Video Guides
How to Access and Navigate VSB (3:09ms)
Considering Class Restrictions and Multiple Sections (1:42ms)
How to Select Courses and Register (3:49ms)
VSB Detailed Guide and Definitions
eCore Short Session 1 – eCore course that meets during the first part of the term
eCore Short Session 2 – eCore course that meets during the second part of the term
FLC –Freshman Learning Communities
Dual Enrollment –High school students eligible to enroll in college classes
SmartPath SS1 – SmartPath online course that meets in the first part of the term
SmartPath SS2 – SmartPath online course that meets in the second part of the term