Educators are responsible for checking with their school district and/or state licensing agency to ensure our teacher recertification courses will fulfill professional development requirements.
Self-paced/Open Entry Online
In partnership with Virtual Education Software, Inc. (VESi), we offer professional learning unit (PLU) and continuing education unit (CEU) courses for K-12 educators. These interactive courses provide expert instruction at a pace that fits your schedule. You choose your start date. You have 6 months access.
- Check each individual course for the number of PLUs/CEUs awarded.
- You MUST spend a minimum of 2 weeks in the course from date of access. Your course will NOT be graded until after this 2-week minimum is met.
- Grading and processing of your certificate and completion documents can take up to two additional weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- Maximum number of courses allowed per term:
- Summer, May 1 - August 31: 10 courses
- Fall, Sept 1 - Dec 31: 5 courses
- Spring, Jan 1 - April 30: 5 courses
6-Week, Instructor-Led Online
- Teachers earn 2.0 PLUs or 2.4 CEUs.
- Lessons in these courses are paced out over a six-week period.
- Some courses are now available in a self-paced, 3-months access format. Look for the words "self-paced tutorial" in the course title.
- Schedule of start dates can be found with each course description.
Advanced Placement® Summer Institutes
VSU Continuing Education is an approved provider of week-long Advanced Placement Summer Institutes® (APSI®) for teachers committed to the pursuit of enhanced teaching and learning. Check back after November 1 for more information about APSI® 2020.
Please note: Courses approved for PLU/CEU credit are not convertible to academic credit/semester hours.