Student Response Systems
PointSolutions powered by Echo360 is a complete web-based or desktop polling (student response system) solution that allows students to respond to questions from a personal device (smartphone, tablet, laptop) rather than a physical handheld clicker.
In the Classroom
PointSolutions amplifies interactive learning in the classroom to promote 100% student participation through live polling, competitions, and audience response innovations for in-person, remote, or hybrid environments.
A subscription is supported by VSU and used in classrooms all across campus. You can also download the free PointSolutions Mobile app (previously known as TurningPoint) from your device app store and use your mobile device to respond to questions in class.
You can use the same subscription for multiple classes during the same semester. Depending on which subscription you purchase, you can also use the it for multiple semesters. Once a subscription expires, you will need to purchase a new subscription to continue using the PointSolutions Mobile app.
- You answer questions in private – no need for you to raise your hand and be called upon.
- The answers are collected almost instantly. This allows you and your instructor to make efficient use of your time together in the classroom.
- PointSolutions will give a summary of all the answers submitted after the question ends, giving you and your instructor valuable and immediate feedback. With this feedback, your instructor will know what points need more discussion and explanation, and which points are understood.
Students must use their @VALDOSTA.EDU email address to create a PointSolutions Account. If you use any other email address, points will not sync/display in BlazeVIEW until you correct your email address with PointSolutions.
To correct your email address:
Call 877-324-6360(ECHO360) ext. 2
Ask them to correct your email address and move your subscription (license) to the new email address
Download and install the PointSolutions App from Apple's App Store or from Google Play.
PointSolutions- Apple App Store
PointSolutions- Google Play
Note: If you experience issues joining a class through your app, then join in a browser using this link: https://participant.turningtechnologies.com/en/join
PointSolutions makes it possible for faculty to evaluate student learning and comprehension as content is being presented. Using this technology then becomes a powerful tool that instructors can use to create a truly engaged and fun atmosphere as detailed by Derek Bruff in "Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments."
Use PointSolutions to
- Increase student participation
- Increase student engagement during lectures and presentations
- Collect frequent feedback on student learning
- Assess students
- Record student responses as participation grades
Get Started with PointSolutions
Bruff, D. (2009). Teaching with classroom response systems. San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
Center for eLearning
Second Floor - Suite 2621
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.245.6490
M-Th: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
F: 8 AM - 3 PM