Faculty Access to the SOI Portal
Instructions for Student Opinion of Instruction (SOI) Data Access
- Go to the SOI Portal
- Login using your VSU username and password.
- You will have access to some or all of the following reports. The links to these reports are displayed across the top of the SOI page.
- Section report - displays survey results for an individual course section (current semester results available two weeks after the end of the semester)
- Instructor report - displays aggregated survey results for all course sections taught by an individual instructor
- Course report - displays aggregated survey results for all sections of a course
- Course level report - displays aggregated survey results for all courses of the same subject and level
- Subject report - displays aggregated survey results for all courses of the same subject
- Department report (department head and administration only) - displays aggregated survey results for all course sections taught by all instructors within a department
- Non-Completions – displays a list of all students who have not yet completed the survey
- Within each report you will be able to select the course data you would like to view from the drop down menus at the top of the page.
- Click “Refresh report”.
- Once the report has been generated, you will see:
- Total number of students enrolled
- Total number of students withdrawn
- Overall rating score
- Detailed evaluation scores by question
- Total number of respondents
- Total number of students who declined
- Total number of responses missing
- Standard Deviation
- Number and percent of responses by answer selected (on a scale of 1 being lowest and 5 being highest)
- Survey questions (click arrow to expand) – listing of the questions used for the SOI
- SOI Comments (click arrow to expand) - contains all responses for open-ended questions 11 though 13 Note: comments have not been altered from original form in any way.
For questions or assistance with the SOI portal, please contact the IT Helpdesk at x4357.
Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
West Hall Suite 1004
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5950
- Fax: 229.333.7400