October 14, 2014
Rebecca J. James, Graduate Assistant
VSU Office of Volunteer Services Hosts Fall Volunteer Fair Oct. 16
VALDOSTA — Valdosta State University’s Office of Volunteer Services will host a Fall Volunteer Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 16, in Student Union Ballroom C. A dozen local nonprofit organizations are scheduled to attend and share with students the various ways they can make a difference as a community volunteer.
Organizations participating in the event include:
• Hospice of South Georgia
• The Haven
• Valdosta-Lowndes Habitat for Humanity
• Behavioral Health Services of South Georgia
• Lowndes/Valdosta Commission for Children and Youth Inc. (LCCY) Family Connection
• Lowndes County Solicitor General’s Office Victim/Witness Assistance Program
• Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful
• American Red Cross, South Georgia Chapter
• Lowndes Associated Ministries to People Inc. (LAMP)
• Repeat Boutique
• Humane Society of Valdosta/Lowndes County
The mission of VSU’s Office of Volunteer Services is to cultivate civic responsibility as an essential part of a student’s development as a global citizen in an increasingly diverse society.
Michelle Leeper, Campus Activities Board and Volunteer Services graduate assistant, said “This and our past fairs are important because they serve as a face-to-face opportunity for students and community agencies to make an invaluable connection to assist in that development.”
Contact Michelle Leeper at 229-333-5674 or email@example.com for more information.
On the web:
- Office of Communications Powell Hall West, Suite 1120
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- General VSU Information
- Phone: 229.333.5800
- Office of Communications
- Phone: 229.333.2163
- Phone: 229.333.5983