August 8, 2014
VSU Prepares for Students to Move Into the Residence Halls
Tuesday, Aug. 12 (Georgia, Reade and Patterson Halls)
- 8 a.m. to noon -- Patterson Hall (all floors)
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. –Reade Hall (all floors)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.—Georgia Hall (first, third and fifth floors)
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Georgia Hall (second, fourth and sixth floors)
Wednesday, Aug. 13 (Brown, Langdale and Lowndes Halls)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. –Langdale Hall (first,third and fourth floors)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. –Lowndes Hall (all floors)
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Brown Hall (all floors)
Friday, Aug. 15 (Centennial, Converse, Hopper, Langdale, and Patterson Halls)
- 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Centennial Hall (all floors)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Hopper Hall (first and fourth floors)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Converse Hall (all floors)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Langdale Hall (second floor)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Hopper Hall (second and third floors)
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. –Patterson Hall (first and second floors)
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. -- Reade Hall (all floors)
To make move-in days as efficient as possible, students should move their vehicles to the Oak Street parking area once belongings have been unloaded.
During move-in days, all faculty and staff reserved parking spaces (excluding handicap spaces) on main campus, including the Nevins Hall lot and surrounding lots on Georgia Ave., will be designated for student parking from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Faculty and staff are requested to park in the following parking lots: Admissions, Music Annex North (formerly Alumni House), University Center, and the Oak Street parking deck and surface lot.
Shuttle buses will run from the Oak Street lot and other lots off main campus to the shuttle stop on Patterson Street (main entrance to campus). This change will allow ample parking and easy flow of traffic for students moving into the residence halls.
For more information on move-in activities, visit the Housing and Residence Life website at http://www.valdosta.edu/administration/student-affairs/housing/