April 8, 2020: Tornado Warning
February 4, 2014
Communications and Media Relations Coordinator
VSU, VHS Perform Jazz Favorites Feb. 4
VALDOSTA — The Valdosta State University New Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble will join forces with the Valdosta High School Jazz Ensemble at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4, for an evening of jazz favorites. The performance will be held in Whitehead Auditorium. Admission is free and open to the public.
Each ensemble will perform three selections of music.
Whitehead Auditorium is located on the first floor of VSU’s Fine Arts Building, at the intersection of Brookwood Drive and Oak Street.
VSU Jazz Ensemble
• Director: David Springfield
• Saxophones: Fernando Chavez, Shannon Selph, Josh Duncan, Nick Johnson, Brennan Short
• Trombones: Brian Dodd, Chandler Hill, Joshua Watford, Zach Jones (bass)
• Trumpets: Brian Summerlin, Sage Kahn, Deborahlea Smith, Eduardo Farias
• Rhythm: Jessica Holmes (piano), John Tyler (bass), Anthony Bussey (drums), Travis King (drums)
VSU New Jazz Ensemble
• Director: Joren Cain
• Saxophones: Curtis Nichols, Brianne Walker, Jacora Smart, Crystal Askew, Jo’van Austin
• Trombones: Ranon Herman, Johann Chancey, Alex Daniel, Devin Driskell (bass), Anthony Troupe (bass)
• Trumpets: Andrew Sutton, Miller Moor, Alex Washington, Akerius Dixon
• Rhythm: Joshua Rivers (piano), Abbee Diaz (bass), Leslie Smith (drums)
VHS Jazz Ensemble
• Director: Andrew Hill
• Saxophones: Malique Wilkerson, Demonne Skrine, Caleb Shearer, Seven Woods, Reed Bailey
•Trombones: Ethan Brown, Nikole McLeish, Ben Huffman, Marques Grant
• Vocalists: Mia Edgerton, Faith Emmanuel, Robbie Jones, Paige Norton
• Trumpets: Chandler Haire, Rashaan Skrine, Joseph Huffman, Josh Mohler
• Rhythm: Amari Marable (piano), Jordan Love (bass), Samuel Christopher (drums), Cameron Griner (drums)
Valdosta State University’s 2013-2019 Strategic Plan represents a renewal of energy and commitment to the foundational principles for comprehensive institutions.
Implementation of the plan’s five goals, along with their accompanying objectives and strategies, supports VSU’s institutional mission and the University System of Georgia’s mission for comprehensive universities.
The story above demonstrates VSU's commitment to meeting the following goals:
Goal 1: Recruit, retain, and graduate a quality, diverse student population and prepare students for roles as leaders in a global society.
Goal 3: Promote student, employee, alumni, retiree, and community engagement in our mission.
Goal 4: Foster an environment of creativity and scholarship.
Visit http://www.valdosta.edu/administration/planning/strategic-plan.php to learn more.