- News & Events
- Valdosta State Graduates 2014 - Siobhan Peterson
- VSU's Beta Alpha Psi Chapter Recognized as a Gold Chapter
- Congratulations Dr. Gamble
- Congratulations Dr. Denaux
- LCOBA Study Abroad Fair - Thursday October 23rd
- Congratulations Dr. Fowler
- Dr. James A. Muncy Named A Governor’s Teaching Fellow
- Congratulations Dr. Schmidt
- Congratulations Dr. Gary Futrell
- Ken and Barbara Stanley Contribute to VSU’s Capital Campaign
- Congratulations Ms. Gill!
- Congratulations Dr. Witherspoon and Dr. Copeland!
- Congratulations Dr. Denaux!
- Lockers Now Available For Checkout
- Congratulations Dr. Jones!
- Meet Michael Kitchens LCOBA's Career Counselor
- Congratulations Dr. Wang
- Congratulations Dr. Fowler and Dr. Reisenwitz
- Congratulations Dr. Aktas!
- Congratulations Dr. Aktas!
- Congratulations Dr. Gupta!
- Congratulations Dr. Copeland, Dr. Roland, and Dmytri!
- Honors Banquet 2015
Rea and Lillian Steele
Corner of Patterson & Pendleton Streets
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Honors Banquet 2014
The Langdale College of Business held its annual Honors Banquet, Friday April 25th in the Student Union. The Honors Banquet honors the top students at the Langdale College of Business. Click here for names and photographs. Undergraduate students who achieve a 3.67 GPA and graduate students who achieve a perfect 4.0 GPA were inducted into the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS). Click here for names and photographs.
BGS also selects a Langdale College alumnus that has made significant contributions in their career and to their community. This year BGS is proud to honor Pat Sullivan. Pat is the founder and co-owner of ClientTell, the nation's largest privately-held automated appointment reminder and lab reporting service. Sullivan is also the President of the Downtown Valdosta Business Association. ClientTell's corporate office is located in the oldest building in downtown Valdosta which was originally built in the early 1860's and has been completely renovated and restored. Pat’s service to the community and to the Langdale College of Business is testament to his dedication and philanthropy. His photo can be found here.
Felina Duncan was selected as the recipient of the 2014 Outstanding Langdale College of Business Senior Award. Felina graduates this spring with a double major in International Business and Economics and a double minor in Spanish and Mathematics, with a 3.87 GPA. She was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, the International business honor society. She has published a peer-reviewed journal article in 2013 in the Global Journal of Business Research which she co-authored with Dr. Zulal Denaux. She volunteers her time as a Church Nursery worker and has mentored teenage girls at the Valdosta Methodist Home. She has been a volunteer tutoring various math classes, teaching English and Spanish at the Valdosta Public Library. Felina plans to pursue a joint Ph.D.-JD at Stanford University.
In addition, five faculty, one from each academic discipline, were awarded a Teacher Excellence Award by the Business Student Advisory Council. Their names and photos can be found here. Dr. Elvan Aktas was selected as Rea and Lillian Steele Outstanding Teacher. The Langdale College of Business congratulates the honorees and thanks all the faculty, staff and students for another great academic year.