Welcome to Procurement
Procurement is a service oriented department dependent upon the cooperation and assistance of the University business units and departments in order to be the most beneficial to the University. Procurement is designed to promote an understanding and appreciation of the necessary application of Federal and State laws, Georgia Department of Administration Services (DOAS) regulations and procedures, University System of Georgia policies and guidelines, and Valdosta State University’s policies and procedures.
Our staff will strive to help you meet your departmental goals. If there is any help or support you need in the tasks of ordering for your department please let us know and we will do our best to assist you
Before making a purchase use the Appearance and Reasonable Tests.
- For all potential expenditures from all sources of funds, the “appearance test” should be used, i.e., how would this purchase look to external constituents if placed on the front page of a newspaper.
- Another test that is useful is to ask the question, “Is this expenditure necessary for a faculty/staff member to do his/her job or for the university to carry on its normal business?” The utilization of these tests should help to guide faculty/staff members in their decision-making. At all times, faculty/staff are encouraged to avoid the appearance of poor management of funds as well as the reality of poor management of funds.
- Buyers' Assigned Departments
- eProcurement & GA First Marketplace
- Purchasing Office Procedures
- Guide for Doing Business with Valdosta State University
- Better Business Bureau
Policies & Procedures
- A Guide for Doing Business with Valdosta State University
- Professional Memberships, Subscriptions, and Licenses
- Purchasing Guidelines and Information
- Delegation of Signing Authority
- Contract Approval Information Sheet
- Contract Routing Form
- Service Agreement Form
- Determination of Status Form - Please print and sign
Due to month end closing, requisitions and/or change orders received after 3 business days before the last working day, are not processed until the books re-open approximately 3 business days into the new month.
Purchasing encompasses the procurement of products and services that provide the best value for the University. Procurement supports the University’s purchasing needs through: ePro, Georgia First Marketplace, P-Card and Fuel Card programs.
- Purchasing Quick Reference
Purchasing Card (P-Card) Procedures
- Food Purchasing Guidelines
- Purchasing Card Program Procedures
- Purchasing Card: Student Travel Expenses
- Food Purchasing Guidelines
- Works Payment Manager User's Guide
- Works Payment Manager FAQs
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- E-Verify, Immigration and Security- E-Verify Information
- Vendor Form
Fuel Card/Fleet Management
Fleet management includes management, procurement and maintenance of University vehicles.
- Pool Vehicle Reservation Application Form or contact Parking & Transportation at 229-293-7275 to reserve a vehicle for travel
- Fuel Card Application
- Fuel Card Procedures
- Motor Vehicle Procedures
- Supervisor's Accident Follow-Up Form
- Vehicle Liability Insurance
- Vehicle Accident Report
Risk management includes property, auto and liability claim reporting, property valuation and risk exposure.
Student health insurance enrollment is available online to all students at Valdosta State University. The designated provider for health insurance is UnitedHealth Care. Questions regarding student health insurance should be directed to email@example.com.