Conflict of Interest
Effective August 24, 2012, the Public Health Service (PHS) established new regulations regarding financial conflict of interest. VSU's conflict of interest policy has subsequently changed to comply with the new regulations.
All faculty, staff, and students participating in any funded research project will need to be familiar with VSU's policies, which include mandatory training, disclosure of significant financial interests, and public accessibility to a researcher's financial conflict of interest. Links to Valdosta State University's Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedures, the Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement, the CITI online training course, and identified financial conflicts of interest can be found below.
Additionally, Frequently Asked Questions regarding the new regulations may be found here.
- Policy Statement: Financial Conflicts of Interest Related to Sponsored Programs
- Financial Conflict of Interest Procedures for Sponsored Programs
- Significant Financial Interest Disclosure Statement Related to Sponsored Programs
- Conflict of Interest Training Course
- Identified Financial Conflicts of Interest
Hard copy disclosure statements may be submitted in person to:
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Administration
Valdosta State University
Converse Building, Suite 3100
Valdosta, GA 31698
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Research Participants- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Animal Care and Use- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Scholarly Misconduct
- Conflict of Interest
- Research Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research Information - NSF Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
Education Requirement (For Students & Post-Docs)
- Resources - Ethics Core Digital Library - National Center for Professional and Research Ethics