Scope of Work
The Office of Communications and Marketing is the central marketing and communication team for the Valdosta State University. The team’s focus is on building awareness, increasing visibility, and enhancing support and affinity for the institution.
The Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) Scope of Work is a direct extension of the University’s strategic plan, goals, and strategic enrollment plan, and includes key priorities established by university administration. "Institutional" is defined as any strategic initiative or project encompassing the university, its colleges, and departments as a comprehensive unit, and is distinguished in this way from individual college, departmental, and program-level communications and marketing [see secondary scope].
Institutional Branding and Visibility
- Brand management (logo use, identity standards, colors, imagery, messaging, etc.)
- Institutional branding campaigns (including market research and identity)
- Publicity and media relations
- Institutional social media management (@valdostastate and @vstatenews)
- Crisis communications
- Issues and reputation management
- Web design and structure
- Web user experience and accessibility
- Web content (institutional pages)
- Creative and communication strategies and implementation
- Advertising and media placement
- Institutional publications
- Broadcast video production of major university events and athletic contests
- Promotion of creative support of major university events and initiatives
- University System of Georgia/Board of Regents projects
- Major retention initiatives and campaigns
- Faculty, staff, and student recognition
- Recognizing programs of distinction/excellence
- Promoting key academic programs via strategic recruitment
- Promoting and recognizing community engagement in 41-county service region
- Providing viewpoints, reports, and presentations for key initiatives
- Student recruitment
- Development and fundraising communications and marketing
- Alumni Relations communications and marketing
- Support Athletics communications and marketing through collaboration
- Institutional and Presidential Goals/Priorities
- Executive Communications
Consulting on non-institutional strategic communications projects and generating work by request.
- Consulting for major projects in alignment with institutional goals and priorities, including but not limited to social media, web site, print materials, and marketing campaigns.
- Guidance (vendors, brand compliance, web accessibility, etc.)
- Professional development opportunities
- Training in brand management, creative services procurement, media relations, etc.
- Brand protocols, policies, and procedures
- Brand asset development and management (Creative Services and Printing)
- Web content system management and functionality (Cascade CMS and Wordpress)
- Approval of institutional branding and printing procurement
University Marketing and Communications
Continuing Education Building
903 N Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA 31601
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698