Nominations accepted from September 2018-March 2019
1. Identify eligible students
Eligible students must:
- Be in 10th or 11th grade in a Rural Georgia High School (or non-rural high school in Georgia participating in pilot program)
- Have a passion for becoming a teacher
- Have Significant Financial Need (Direct Certified Free and Reduced Lunch)
- Be HOPE Eligible (4 rigor courses and 3.0 or higher HOPE GPA) or on track to become HOPE eligible by high school graduation
- Be a U.S. Citizen
2. Click on VSSP nomination forms
- You will need student’s email address, and phone number to complete the form.
- Each student will need 2 nominations from your school
- Send email to Dr. Hull at SullivanScholars@valdosta.edu to let her know you have nominated a student(s).
3. Application Form
Once we have two nominations for a student, we will send the student an email link to complete the scholarship application (you will be cc’d on this email)
4. Individual Interviews
After receiving the student’s application materials, an individual interview with the student will be scheduled. The interview will occur at your high school.
5. Selection and Notification of Scholarship Awardees
- A committee of faculty and administrators will review applicants in April.
- Students will be notified about the status of their application in May and you will be cc’d on their notification email.
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698