Valdosta State University Blazer Student Tailgating is intended to enhance the game day experience of Blazer Nation by providing a pre-game gathering place prior to home football games. Students can reserve tailgating space by contacting the Office of Student Life, 2nd Floor of the Student Union.
To provide for a safe and positive tailgating experience, the following guidelines will be enforced by Valdosta State University staff from the following departments, Athletics, Student Life and University Police.
- One (1) tailgate space per student group.
- Tailgating may begin four hours before the start of the football game.
- Please be respectful of other’s tailgating spaces.
- Valdosta State University does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
- Vehicles are not allowed in the Blazer Student Tailgating area. You are permitted to drop off your tailgating items at the designated “drop off” location.
- All beverages must be in plastic containers or cans. NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND!
- Alcohol drinking games, funneling or any other games deemed inappropriate by Valdosta State University are prohibited. Common source containers of alcohol are prohibited.
- The consumption of alcohol by minor (under the age of 21) is illegal in the State of Georgia.
- Disruptive Behavior: Individuals who interfere with the rights of others by the use of loud, abusive language, music or behavior, or who may prevent others from enjoying Blazer Student Tailgating, will be asked to cease and desist and may be directed to leave the tailgating area.
- All tailgating activities will conclude 15 minutes before start of the game.
- No advertising, solicitation, banners or signage are allowed without prior written approval from the Office of Student Life (Valdosta State University).
- Participants and organizations are prohibited from selling food, products and/or raffle tickets, campaign materials, or distribution of flyers/advertisements without the written approval from the Office of Student Life (Valdosta State University).
- All trash, equipment and debris must be removed from the Tailgate area no later than 45 minutes following the completion of the game. Trash containers will be placed throughout the Blazer Student Tailgate area.
- No open pit fires are allowed. Fires must be contained to a grill.
- Violation of any of these guidelines may result in immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution, and or disciplinary action through the Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Student Office.
- All students are subject to the Student Code of Conduct.
- Remember the Blazer Creed, Integrity, Citizenship and Civility.
- General Questions, call: (229) 333-5674.
- Guidelines may be added at the discretion of the Valdosta State University.
- Student Life Office
- Student Union Information Desk (Lost & Found)
- Student Life Fax
Student Union 2109
1500 N Patterson St.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Monday - Thursday
8 AM - 5:30 PM
8 AM - 3 PM