The Multicultural Greek Council at Valdosta State University is officially open for expansion. There are currently two organizations in the council, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. and Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc. Outside of the Multicultural Greek Council, there are currently six NPC sororities, five NIC fraternities, two NPHC sororities, and four NPHC fraternities with membership ranging from 2-75. We are looking forward to welcoming additional chapters to our campus.
The Multicultural Greek Council plans to participate in a one-year expansion timeline with the following guidelines:
One Sorority Chartering Spring 2022
One Fraternity Chartering Fall 2022
Interested organizations can submit application materials and questions to email@example.com.
Expansion Packets should include the following information:
- Brief history and purpose of the organization.
- Cost expectations for members.
- Copy of New Member Education Program.
- Copy of Risk Management Policy.
- Detailed description of how the organization will benefit Valdosta State.
- Detailed description of how the organization will benefit the fraternity and sorority community.
- Expected colony and chartering timeline.
- List of all current colonies established in the last three years (status of each, expected chartering timeline for each, resources devoted to each).
- List of active collegiate chapters within a three-hour distance of Valdosta.
- Number of active alumni in the Valdosta/Tallahassee area.
- Requirements for membership within the organization.
- Relations that can be built within the governing council, the university, and surrounding communities.
- Statement of national support for expansion.
All application materials should be submitted by close of business on October 29th, 2021. The expansion committee will review materials and contact applicants with more information.
Multicultural Greek Council
Student Union 2120
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5674
- Fax: 229.249.2647
Monday - Thursday
8 AM - 5:30 PM
8 AM - 3 PM