- SACJ Department
- You see the threads in the fabric of society.
- Undergraduate Internship Information
- Application for Undergraduate Capstone (SOCI 4990)
- Application for Undergraduate Internship (SOCI 4540)
- Professional Resources
- Sociological Toolkit
- Alpha Kappa Delta
- Sociology and Anthropology Concentrations
- Criminal Justice
- Faculty Publications
The faculty, staff, and students of the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminal Justice are fully committed to the missions of Valdosta State University and the University System of Georgia. Within these frameworks, we seek to accomplish the following:
- To provide a teaching/learning environment that sustains instructional excellence and intellectual inquiry across a variety of graduate and undergraduate degree programs, serves a diverse student body committed to excellence and high levels of achievement, and provides academic advising and other support to students as they move through the university and into their careers;
- To be professionally productive as active scholars engaged in significant professional activities at the regional, national, and international levels while also conducting sound academic and applied research as seen in publications in refereed research journals, monographs and books, and reports to various public and private agencies that might sponsor such work;
- To support regional and area development as well as the improvement of the quality of life in our region by using our professional knowledge and skills in service to our region, state, and nation.