Welcome to Organizational Leadership
Designed for adult, professional, military, veteran and transfer students
Valdosta State University offers a baccalaureate degree online that is ideal for non-traditional adult, returning or transfer students seeking degree completion – as well as traditional students seeking online course delivery. The program meets the unique needs of full-time professionals, military personnel and working parents. The Organizational Leadership (ORGL) degree is fully online.
What is Organizational Leadership?
The Organizational Leadership (ORGL) Bachelor of Science degree examines the practices, theories, issues, and ramifications of leading an organization or business. The multidisciplinary curriculum provides an understanding of leadership, administration, human resources, and technology related to today’s complex organizations in the public, private or non-profit sectors. The ORGL degree is housed under the Political Science Department.
Benefits of an ORGL Degree
- Current Professionals: People can gain the knowledge and academic credentials necessary to advance in current positions or obtain leadership positions in the public and private sectors.
- Public Service Employees: Many municipal, regional, state and national government agencies are seeking employees with bachelors’ degrees specifically related to organizational leadership.
- Military Personnel: This multidisciplinary degree builds upon military leadership competencies and offers the flexibility of online/anytime access.
- Growth Field: There are predictions of growth for highly desirable leadership positions in legal assistance and law office management; nonprofit and community service management; faith-based organization education and/or training; and the training and development fields.
Areas of concentration
In addition to thirty (30) hours of required ORGL major core courses, Organizational Leadership students select from the following areas to complete concentrated study.
- Legal Office Administration
- Office Administration and Technology
- Public Service Administration
- Spanish for Professionals or ESOL Instruction
If you have questions, please contact:
Ashley Hall 1001