Learning in Retirement
Learning in Retirement (LIR) is a member-led and university-sponsored organization for individuals 50 years of age and above that provides a unique opportunity for cultural growth, lifelong learning, and recreation. Members are involved in determining curriculum, recruiting new members, managing the budget, and developing social programming.
Membership is $75 per term (Fall or Spring) or $135 for the year, and entitles you to choose from among 60+ classes each term, most of which have no extra charge beyond your membership fee. (Registration for yearly membership is available in fall term only.)
Registration is OPEN!
- If you haven't received your copy of THEBRIDGE, call us at 229-245-6484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure you're on our mailing list. (Don't forget to include your mailing address.)
- Our LIR Spring Flyer contains descriptions of all the classes offered beginning in January 2022.
- We regret the Welcome Back Luncheon scheduled for January 26th has been CANCELLED.
LIR Online Registration
If you receive emails from us, then you already have an account and just need to activate it and set/reset your password.
If you have never taken a course with us, click on the Sign Up button under New? and complete the account information. Questions? Call us at 229.245.6484.
You can still register in person, by mail, or by phone.
- By mail to VSU Professional & Community Education, 1500 N Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA, 31698
- In person at 903 N Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA.
Questions or to register by phone, call us at 229-245-6484.
Please note: To view the PDFs you will need to download Acrobat Reader.
Donate to our LIR Scholarship Fund
Your tax deductible contribution of $75 will provide a scholarship for an individual who would like to participate but cannot afford a membership. Donations of any other amount are welcome as well, and will be used to support our programming and special events.
Ideas for classes or interested in teaching?
If you would like to teach a class for LIR or have ideas for classes you would like to see offered, email Suzanne Ewing or call 229-245-6484.