Learning in Retirement
Learning in Retirement (LIR) is a member-led and university-sponsored organization for individuals 50 years of age and above that provides a unique opportunity for cultural growth, lifelong learning, and recreation. Members are involved in determining curriculum, recruiting new members, managing the budget, and developing social programming.
Membership is $75 per term (Fall or Spring) or $135 for the year, and entitles you to choose from among 75+ classes each term, most of which have no extra charge beyond your membership fee. (Registration for yearly membership is available in fall term only.)
Fall 2021 is here and Learning in Retirement is back in-person with 50+ classes.
Registration is OPEN!
- If you haven't received your copy of THEBRIDGE, call us at 229-245-6484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure you're on our mailing list. (Don't forget to include your mailing address.)
- In the meantime, check out a list of the upcoming LIR courses in our online copy of THEBRIDGE starting on page 17.
- Our LIR Flyer contains descriptions of all the classes offered this fall and the updates/corrections listed below.
- Drama Group - Correct start date is Friday, Sept 17.
- Correct dates for Chemo Cap Brigade are Thurs, Sept 30 and Thurs, Oct 28.
- The $12 extra fee paid to the instructor for each Mixed Media Art session covers your supplies. There is NO $4-$6 charge for kits.
- Yarn Wall Hanging - there will be only one session; new date is Wed, Nov 3 from 1 - 2:30.
- Yoga and Range of Motion - class time is 10 - 10:50 AM.
LIR Online Registration
If you receive emails from us, then you already have an account and just need to activate it and set/reset your password.
If you have never taken a course with us, click on the Sign Up button under New? and complete the account information. Questions? Call us at 229.245.6484.
You can still register in person, by mail, or by phone.
- By mail to VSU Professional & Community Education, 1500 N Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA, 31698
- In person at 903 N Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA.
Questions or to register by phone, call us at 229-245-6484.
Please note: To view the PDFs you will need to download Acrobat Reader.
Donate to our LIR Scholarship Fund
Your tax deductible contribution of $75 will provide a scholarship for an individual who would like to participate but cannot afford a membership. Donations of any other amount are welcome as well, and will be used to support our programming and special events.
Ideas for classes or interested in teaching?
If you would like to teach a class for LIR or have ideas for classes you would like to see offered, email Suzanne Ewing or call 229-245-6484.