Educating students to conquer the scientific challenges of tomorrow.
The College of Science and Mathematics equips students with the skills necessary for further study in graduate and professional programs and for success in a competitive workforce.
We contribute to this mission by:
- Utilizing high impact instructional strategies to provide our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be lifelong learners;
- Supporting faculty to pursue their research and other scholarly endeavors for continued professional growth;
- Engaging with our community to strengthen the understanding of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in our region;
- Responding to the economic, social, conservation, and technological needs of the region, which are inherently linked with our global obligations;
- Creating an inclusive, equitable, and rigorous environment where diversity is valued and resources and opportunities are accessible to students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Our Core Values:
- The Blazer Creed – civility, integrity, and citizenship
- Empathy – having the ability to identify and understand the emotions and perspectives of others
- Inclusion – valuing individuals with diverse backgrounds and characteristics
- Adaptability – being able to adjust to new conditions or situations
- Excellence – possessing high intellectual standards and continuous improvement
- Resilience – having the ability to recover from adversity and after facing difficult challenges
- Innovation – fostering critical thinking and welcoming new ideas
- Collaboration – promoting cross-disciplinary learning and research
- Humility – being intellectually humble
College of Science & Mathematics
- 1036 Hugh C. Bailey Science Center
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5699