Required Clinical Experiences
The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) requires that AT students must gain clinical education experiences that address the continuum of care that would prepare a student to function in a variety of settings with patients engaged in a variety of activities with conditions described in athletic training knowledge, skills, clinical abilities, Role Delineation Study/Practice Analysis and standards of practice delineated for an athletic trainer in the profession.
Required Clinical Experiences:
- Individual and team sports
- Sports requiring protective equipment
- Patient of different sexes
- Non-sport patient populations
- A variety of conditions other than orthopedic
- Additional experience may also be provided
College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Health Sciences and Business Administration Building
2525 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5959
- Fax: 229.333.7300
8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.