Field Experience/Practicum Information
Field Experience is the time that all teacher candidates spend in the field PRIOR to Clinical Practice. For all departments within the COEHS, the hours and requirements vary. However, all programs are designed to be sequenced to increase the complexity and levels of engagement with which teacher candidates apply, reflect upon, and expand their knowledge and skills.
In order to secure a field placement, each student is required to submit a Field Experience Application. These applications are listed below:
- Field Experience Application (for Elementary Education Students only)
- Field Experience Application (for Middle, Secondary, Reading and Deaf Education Students only)
- Field Experience Application (for ITED Students only)
- Field Experience Application (for all other Majors - Students use only)
- Field Experience Request Form (for departmental requests only - not for student use)
- CAPS (Candidate Assessment on Performance Standards)/Intern Keys User Guide
- CAPS (Candidate Assessment on Performance Standards)/Intern Keys Rating Sheet
- Professional Behaviors and Dispositions Assessment Rating Sheet
- COEHS Permission Slip for videotaping - English
- COEHS Permission Slip for videotaping - Spanish
- 10 Design Principles for Clinically-Based Preparation
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to submit this application electronically, please contact Melissa Nolley, Field Experiences Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or telephone at 229-249-2778.