Criteria for Mentor Selection
All Mentor Teachers must have:
- At least 3 years of P-12 teaching experience as a certified teacher in the area in which he/she will be mentoring;
- Current knowledge of teaching styles and philosophies;
- A valid, clear renewable professional teaching certificate in the field in which he/she teaches;
- A commitment to teacher professional development and to making a positive contribution to the cooperating school/university partnership;
- Ability to serve as a positive role model for the teacher candidate by providing opportunities for continual feedback and reflection;
- Willingness to commit the extra time and effort needed;
- Compliance with all requirements regarding the Georgia Code of Ethics for Educators;
- Proficiency in the use of instructional technology in the classroom; and
- Received an annual summative performance evaluation rating of proficient/satisfactory or higher for the most recent year of experience.
Office of Professional Education Services
- 1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5925