BBA in Management Curriculum
B.B.A degree requirements for Management Major (120 total hours)
Areas A-E (See VSU Core Curriculum)1 ………… 42 hours
Area F Requirements2 ………………… 18 hours
- BUSA 1105 Introduction to Business
- ACCT 2101 Principles of Accounting I
- ACCT 2102 Principles of Accounting II
- BUSA 2201 Fundamentals of Computer Applications
- BUSA 2106 The Environment of Business
- ECON 2106 Principles of Microeconomics
Business Administration Common Senior College Core2 …………….. 21 hours
- BUSA 2100 Applied Business Statistics
- BUSA 3100 Business Analytics
- International Option Choose only 1: ECON 3600, FIN 3650, IB 3000, MGNT 4800 OR MKTG 4680
- MKTG 3050 Introduction to Marketing
- MGNT 3250 Management and Organization Behavior
- FIN 3350 Financial Management
- BUSA 2999 Career Development
- BUSA 3999 Experiential Learning
- BUSA 4900 Business Policy
Required Courses for Management Majors2 ………. 9 hours
- MGNT 3300 Production and Operations Management
- MGNT 3450 Management Information Systems
- MGNT 4000 Human Resource Management
Electives for Management Majors2 …………. 15 hours
Any 3000-level or 4000-level MGNT course not required above, or any 3000 or 4000 HCAD, or BUSA 3110.
Business Electives2 ……… 9 hours
Any three 3000-level or 4000-level ACCT, BUSA, ECON, FIN, HCAD, IB, MGNT, or MKTG course not required or selected above.
General Electives ….. 6 hours
1 If ECON 2105 is taken in Area E, the grade must be a “C” or better. If ECON 2105 is not taken in Area E, it must be taken as a general elective, and the grade must be a “C” or better. If PERS 2799 Personal Finance is not taken in Area B, it must be taken as a general elective.
2 The grade in each of these courses must be a “C” or better.